PDA

View Full Version : Guy Martin: My Autobiography

wiltshire builders
21-12-14, 09:27 AM
I've just started reading Guy's book and got to say that it's pretty good.
I was expecting it to ghost written to hell but it seems to be his own words as it doesn't flow like a normal book, it shoots off at tangents and then back tracks to the original point much like Guy.

I was hesitant in buying it because I'm not a massive fan and I'm still not buying this "I'm just a lorry mechanic" rubbish but it really goes a long way to explain why he is how he is and his thought process.
He's obviously got some kind of autism and can be a difficult bloke but you can understand his point that when people tell him what he has to do or he feels they're trying to take advantage then he pushes back.

He's not shy and he doesn't hold back when talking about mistakes he's made or people he's fallen out with but, unlike riders like Foggy, there's never any hint of resentment and you can tell he respects everyone he's worked with.

Definitely worth a read.

Wes
21-12-14, 04:17 PM
Read it already, a really good book, very funny in parts :)

Stuntsunlimited
21-12-14, 06:11 PM
Makes me want to read it now Wilts builders - on the subject of books read a bloody good book recently about British Stuntman Vic Armstrong - highly recommended

wiltshire builders
21-12-14, 09:45 PM
I'll check that out. I'm not a big fan of fiction so sounds right up my street. ��

Goldie
22-12-14, 02:03 PM
bought this for my other half for his birfday, he's not read it yet though, might give him a prod about it :)

Mitch9128
03-11-15, 08:02 AM
Read it, enjoyed it. He has a new one out http://www.bookdepository.com/Guy-Martin--When-You-Dead--You-Dead/9780753556665 got it t'other day, haven't read it yet, but first one was good enough.

BTW he's missing the TT/NW200 next year, if anyone wasn't aware http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/34679984

shiftyblake
03-11-15, 08:26 PM
Thanks, Wilts B, I was not sure about it, nearly bought it and then hesitated. I will definitely read it now.

wiltshire builders
04-11-15, 01:23 PM
Thanks, Wilts B, I was not sure about it, nearly bought it and then hesitated. I will definitely read it now.

Let us know what you think!

BifferGaz
04-11-15, 04:51 PM
Saw today you can buy a hardback copy of '...when you're dead you're dead' for £10 in Tesco