PDA

View Full Version : Visor warning

Nano
17-12-14, 07:22 PM
I was following a you lad on a bike this evening when he suddenly took a mud dive. Luckilly he was fine, and the bike mostly fine but it turned out his inner sun visor dropped down suddenly, as it was dark he could not see and fell off. Take care out there...

Wes
17-12-14, 08:22 PM
Never had one myself but i thought they locked in place?

Nano
17-12-14, 08:40 PM
They do, this one had a buggered mechanism, it was new from pheobix but was a apparently faulty.

Julie_S
20-12-14, 12:45 PM
Don't like the idea of them. One of the journos in Scootering came off wearing a helmet with a drop down visor and it came come and cut the end of his nose

Snowy
20-12-14, 02:10 PM
I've had one for years in a Schubert and think they're fantastic - wouldn't buy another lid without one. The secret, as with most things, is proper maintenance and knowing when something is broke and not expecting it to fix itself.

Mal103
20-12-14, 02:42 PM
I've got one on my current Box lid and hardly use it, when I do I realise that some water has got inside and it needs cleaning so put it back up and squint instead...
I think Santa is bringing me a new lid :)

Swanny
20-12-14, 04:08 PM
think they're fantastic - wouldn't buy another lid without one.

Same here

theoldbaldone
20-12-14, 04:35 PM
Go careful when you buying new helmets. http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=mdWvU9RF5ew

Swanny
20-12-14, 06:32 PM
Ouch I'll stick with my Shark

Nano
21-12-14, 02:52 PM
I have one in my shark and it is good. I did have to try a few before I found one that did not get close to my nose. This is good as it can be quickly removed when not in.

The lad in question had a named brand but the construction was pants. Got to keep an eye on it make sure they are working. I was a bit disappointed that he said he had taken it back to the shop when it went wrong and they sent him away saying he needs to take it up with the manufacter despite it be I g with in a year. He was a new biker and was not aware you can take them out, the shop could and should have at least made it safe for him at the very least advised him not to ride with it.