PDA

View Full Version : Off ROADING FUN.

Basher
30-11-14, 10:57 AM
As some of you may know, I recently bought a cheap enduro type bike and put some off road tyres on it ....... It was great fun getting all muddy :) I'm fortunate that I only live a short distance from some local byways, all I need to do now is to learn to read os maps.

Who else currently has an enduro type bike and enjoys off roading / green laning :)

wiltshire builders
30-11-14, 12:40 PM
I had a go a couple of years ago as part of a groupon deal.
It was fantastic fun.
80% of the time was a real laugh/exhilarating whereas on the road it's probably nearer 20%.
If I could afford another bike if definitely get an off-roader.

Dabz
30-11-14, 01:38 PM
I only had my off road bike for about 9 months but loved every trip. Would have one again if I had the time..

wheelers
30-11-14, 05:16 PM
husqvarna te350 x 3, te510, mx510, AJS Stormer, Can-Am bombardier, currently a Kawasaki KLR250 also had in the family CCM644, Yamaha XTX and XTR660, KTM 450 probably missed a few, now trying to sell the cbr600 and get another trailie. the state of our roads recently a better option. and not as painful on the wallet if you drop it

Wes
30-11-14, 06:51 PM
Ive done some recently, tho it was hiring a club bike, had lots of fun :)

Gavuk
30-11-14, 07:22 PM
I did a red letter day ,Off roading experience,left from Melksham with a group ,up heddington and onto the byeways,great fun,didn't appreciate turning up on an xjr 1300,talking to the leader about owning a Pegasso 650cc, same as he was riding, then being given a 125cc cos I'm a short a**e....:)....ended up on a 250cc tho..I need some off road tyres and a replacement shock before using my 650, but loved it and will be doing more....

Basher
30-11-14, 08:12 PM
I did a red letter day ,Off roading experience,left from Melksham with a group ,up heddington and onto the byeways,great fun,didn't appreciate turning up on an xjr 1300,talking to the leader about owning a Pegasso 650cc, same as he was riding, then being given a 125cc cos I'm a short a**e....:)....ended up on a 250cc tho..I need some off road tyres and a replacement shock before using my 650, but loved it and will be doing more....

I have a pegaso 650 ..... I have found it fine up Salisbury plain as the terrain is mostly wide chaulk and flint tracks and even concrete / Tarmac in places ..... But to heavy for mud plugging @ 170 kg ..... Proberly looking to change the bike if I get more into it :)

Basher
30-11-14, 08:25 PM
Gavuk..... I got my tyres for £120 pair fitted and they are ok tyres they are matis 80/20 so a little care needed on the road in the wet....I managed to source them local from a guy in Bristol who is heavily into off roading....Let me know if you want his details ;)

Trev
30-11-14, 08:50 PM
I've got a 89 KDX200SR (the one in my avatar pic) that I've owned for about 15 years and did a fair bit of green laning when I first got it and even the odd hare & hounds (poorly if I recall!) but not even MOT'd it for the last 5 years. It really needs a motor refresh and a damn good going over but the tyres (Pirelli enduro I recall) and chain & sprockets have only done a few hundred miles and it does run, really must get it recomissioned as a great laugh, pretty nippy on teh road and perfect for my off-roading level of ability, or at least it was when I was a lot lighter and fitter!