PDA

View Full Version : Bike show

wiltshire builders
25-11-14, 09:38 PM
Anyone going?
Just got back. Sports bikes are a little thin on the ground but they do have the Kawi H2 and every hour they run it flat out. Be warned, it's loud!
Some bargains to be had though.
Arai Quantum helmet £199, Oxford Optimiser £20 and loads of Alpinestars race suits upto half price.

Wes
26-11-14, 07:31 AM
Going on Sunday, looking forward to it, should be a good day out :)

wiltshire builders
26-11-14, 01:28 PM
It was quiet yesterday. They actually put out a tanoy announcement saying there were places available for test rides.

Gerry
26-11-14, 04:47 PM
We went on Monday, it was easy to get around but not quiet.
The Kwaka sounded brilliant, and I thought the new R1 looked (very slightly) better in the flesh (still think the older shape is nicer though).
Free drinks and yummy cakes on the Honda stand were great and the drummers were cool.

Watched the wheel change challenge for a while (resting our feet) but with everything clean, loose chain & wheel nut and only one spacer it was cheating really, they should do it in freezing wind in a wet pit garage with greasy / oily / dirty parts and spacers that jump out when you fit the wheel in really (as I'll be doing on Saturday at Snetters) :-(

All in all a good show, and the discovery of the Waggon & Horses at Beckington (near Avebury) which did one of the nicest pub meals I've had in ages :-)

Hope those that go (to the show) enjoy it.
G

Swanny
26-11-14, 05:18 PM
I wanted to go but my bike show buddy has let me down :(

Red Zed 1
27-11-14, 10:40 PM
we're going up on sunday in the car..gonna be leaving by 8am at the latest to try to avoid some traffic..you interested swanny?

Swanny
28-11-14, 06:28 PM
Hi Al Yes please that would be great :D

Republic
28-11-14, 07:03 PM
I went on Wednesday and had a great time,
I am not into sports bikes but I must say the H2 is eye candy,

Kevinb
04-12-14, 01:52 PM
It was good to go up mid week and met brother-in-law and sister-in-law up there. H2R sounded excellent and looked good. Not really into sports bikes so the Honda & Yamaha R1 look like the same bike in different colours.

Republic
09-12-14, 11:24 AM
I also thought that the Police stand was excellent lot's of good information,