PDA

View Full Version : AlpineStars Airbag Jacket - Another reason I wouldn't ride a BMW GS thingie

shiftyblake
12-11-14, 09:29 PM
So high up the dummies face twats the car hard and misses the airbag jacket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3tREs_ycck#t=73

Swanny
12-11-14, 10:24 PM
Air bag Fail!!!

wiltshire builders
13-11-14, 07:22 AM
What a weird promo video.
An airbag jacket would only be effective when your body comes into contact with the ground.
Why would they film a crash into a stationary object?

Nelly
13-11-14, 10:01 AM
I thought the same. If you're going to promote something, then you promote it working in the situation it was meant for surely? Odd.

Snowy
13-11-14, 05:35 PM
It does seem a bit strange that's for sure. Maybe though, an airbag would give some cushioning when hitting an object and might have a benefit in other scenarios rather than just sliding down the road. I tend to think though that a medium to high speed impact with a stationary object i.e a car is going to mush your brain due to an internal impact with the skull and that's more likely to kill you than broken bones are going to. In that context I would prefer (if I had a choice) to go over the bonnet or roof of a car which will dissipate the massive energies involved over a wider timeframe than a sudden impact into the side of a car. So, I will keep my sit up high GS thingie thank you very much but not only for that reason.