PDA

View Full Version : Sunday bimble

Trev
02-11-14, 08:14 PM
Had a nice ride out with Chris today (WR6133), him on the ZZR6, me on the Royal Enfield. About 70 miles all in with a nice mix of roads and a stop for coffee & cake at Compton Abbas. The RE isn't exactly quick but did manage a few (well planned!) overtakes and at least Chris didn't fall asleep following me!

On the way home I thought I would try my 'adventure' tyres out along a local byeway, the rain had left huge puddles and turned the chalk/clay to slime, sod all grip for a lot of it. In parts I was just on tickover with the back end all over the place, dropped it very gently once at about 2mph, no damage apart from covered in crap!

Thanks Chris, enjoyed it, let's catch up again, might be able to tempt TT once he's recovered and maybe next time I'll bring a quicker bike ; )

Wes
02-11-14, 09:09 PM
Sounds like a good ride out :)

WR6133
02-11-14, 09:38 PM
ZZR4... dream of the extra 40BHP on the 6 ;)

Thanks for a very enjoyable ride out. Many of the roads I think couldn't have handled high speed so progress felt good. Following you is definitely good for my riding, copying your lines led to quicker corners with more visibility.

Definitely up for it again. Maybe the forest or the other side of Salisbury?

Trev
03-11-14, 12:22 PM
ZZR4... dream of the extra 40BHP on the 6 ;)

Thanks for a very enjoyable ride out. Many of the roads I think couldn't have handled high speed so progress felt good. Following you is definitely good for my riding, copying your lines led to quicker corners with more visibility.

Definitely up for it again. Maybe the forest or the other side of Salisbury?

Ooops my mistake, no wonder you had to rev it to keep up with the powerhouse RE ; )

The New Forest is a nice place to ride but slow as nearly all roads are 40 or even 30 limits, having said that, there are some parts that even 40 (ish) can be interesting, particularly when the weather isn't at it's best. There are some good places to visit (including Sammy Millers motorcycle museum) and plenty of places to grab a drink and a snack, be ideal for TT to build his miles up so let's do the Forest if he's about next time, if not I'll come out your way.

Dan
03-11-14, 09:18 PM
Good to see the ZZR is still going. My 9r is back up now so will need to make an effort to come and see the old steed soon.

WR6133
03-11-14, 11:30 PM
Good to see the ZZR is still going. My 9r is back up now so will need to make an effort to come and see the old steed soon.

Plenty of life left in it, though once I get my spine sorted it will be torn apart for parts to build another. That could be a while away though

Temporaltraveller
07-11-14, 07:39 PM
Hi Chris/Trev,

Sorry I missed the ride out last weekend, sounds like it was fun and some interesting roads.
I'm still struggling with this virus thing and although finally feeling better I'm pretty washed out. Suzy has been left to her own devices in garage all week, is happy in there out of the cold wet weather though😊. A trip out through the forest sounds good, there are some interesting routes to take and places to stop on the way, quite like the meandering speeds as it gives a chance to soak up the atmosphere and helps you avoid the wildlife - horses, deer etc which can come at you out of nowhere. Catch up with you soon .

Trev
08-11-14, 12:41 PM
Tony
Sorry to hear you still have the lurgi, there's a lot about. I'm out of the UK this weekend but about next week, not sure what I have planned though should at least be able to find a few hours for a ride out. Picked up a new (to me) toy last week, similar colours to yours ; )
Trev

WR6133
08-11-14, 02:08 PM
I'm a possible next weekend, mostly depends on if my bike is running, it got blown over this morning and other than picking it up I haven't assessed the damage but all the oil pouring down the road suggests bad. If it's new forest and the weather is decent (ish) my wife may come pillion (she wants to see the ponies).