PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Supply & Fit?

WhyNot
15-09-14, 02:31 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone can recommend me a bike supply and fit shop that do a 'ride in ride out' service in Swindon/Calne or Amesbury (or anywhere in that vicinity)?

Ive tried ABC in Swindon but they only fit on loose wheels and Bike Treads also in Swindon wanted a small fortune, everywhere is is pretty far away.

If I cant find anywhere that'll change them on the bike then I may aswell just buy the tyre off black circles, hence why id prefer a ride in ride out :)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dabz
15-09-14, 04:06 PM
I guess Melksham would be a bit far to go? Carson Tyres are a forum favourite, usually similar prices to online tyres and a ride-in-ride-out service. I use them for bikes and cars religiously

matthews677
15-09-14, 04:37 PM
Tyre place in downton do it. They will order in any tyre you want as well

http://www.downtontyre.co.uk

WR6133
15-09-14, 04:38 PM
I had mine last done at TRS in Andover. I took tyres and loose wheels and he was cheap as chips. He did appear to have quite a few bike tyres in the garage though so maybe worth asking if he can do roll in roll out, phone number is 01264312238

Roll in/out is never going to be cheap for the exact reason you can't be bothered to take the wheels off yourself...... it's a lot more faff about than a car.

wheelers
15-09-14, 06:47 PM
last time I spoke to carsons they wouldn't do big bikes only loose wheels

shiftyblake
15-09-14, 07:09 PM
​Keith in Master Tec in Devizes

Dabz
15-09-14, 08:31 PM
last time I spoke to carsons they wouldn't do big bikes only loose wheels

Hmm that's strange, they even advertise their ride in service on here. I've always done that. Perhaps they've stopped recently

wiltshire builders
15-09-14, 10:18 PM
I 2nd Keith Goldsmith @ mastertec. Great guy and knows his stuff.

Dan
15-09-14, 11:48 PM
Steve lynham will sort you out in swindon.

Throttle_junkie
16-09-14, 08:54 AM
BIKETREADS in Swindon do a ride in/out service. Popped in lastweek to replace the rear on my R6, i supplied the tyre, £25 to fit, took about 10 mins.

gibbo
17-09-14, 07:41 AM
When you stated that Biketreads wanted a fortune, then how much? I've always found BT to be very competitive and always willing to put themselves out if you want the job done double quick. I'm very happy with their service.

Rabb
17-09-14, 10:08 AM
Carsons in Melksham only usually refuse to do the Ride in Ride out service if their 'one' qualified bike mech is on Holiday.
Try another week.....

Mikkie1986
17-09-14, 07:21 PM
Tbh I use Bike treads all the time and same as Gibbo. They are always cheaper and bend over backwards. What tyres are you after? Pirelli?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WhyNot
18-09-14, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys, i'll ask around again.

Bike Treads wanted 165 for a pirelli diablo supply and fit, whereas the place advertised here in Melksham wanted 125, it looks like I might just have to make the journey.

I'll make another round befor I send the bike for a service, thanks for the recommendations guys!

XJ
18-09-14, 09:28 AM
Never had a problem with Bike Treads , always had a great service

Mikkie1986
18-09-14, 09:50 AM
Hey, what Diablo? Bike treads will price match normally but I would double check which one you want. Eg. Diablo super corsa , super corsa 2 ,3 or the Diablo rosso 1,2,3. Diablo dragon corsa. Generally the rosso's are what I have and are cheaper the supers. Hope this helps :-)

Mikkie 07792709590

QB1
18-09-14, 11:57 AM
Just a thought I think Carsons like to book bikes in for tyres if you want them fitted to the bike not sure you can just turn up - might be worth checking.

Havent been for a while as I buy them online and just get them fitted (not at Carsons) saves a lot.

Ade
18-09-14, 01:43 PM
I'm getting a 240/45 17 Diablo Rosso II fitted on ride in ride out basis at Steve Lynhams for £157 this Sat.

wiltshire builders
18-09-14, 02:47 PM
I'm getting a 240/45 17 Diablo Rosso II fitted on ride in ride out basis at Steve Lynhams for £157 this Sat.

That's bigger than the tyres on my van!
Good price though.

Gavuk
19-09-14, 08:43 PM
I use Carsons , they seem to prefer booking for ride in ride out ,so they have a tech available, always worth negotiating a price based on other qoutes,and they fitted to my xjr 1300 and my mates gsx1400, both had centre stands.
I know they have a multistand for bikes without a centre stand, if they have turned someone away maybe it was before they updated their stands........you can always take the wheels in loose as well

Marmalade
03-10-14, 07:20 PM
Probably too far away but Micheldever for me.
Around here it is all, order in tyres, book a day, leave bike for a few hours. It's all a pita.

With micheldever, ride in, 45 mins later, ride out with new tyres. No booking needed, no time off work, pop in when passing.
Decent range in stock and genuine low prices.

--------------------------------
On the road to nowhere

Davegsr
03-10-14, 10:01 PM
Used Carson's Ride In Ride Out service yesterday. Phoned day before, didn't have rear tyre I wanted but they could get it next day. Told to come in the next day at 2pm. Arrived 20mins early and bike went straight in - 30 mins later bike came out sporting 2 new tyres. Very happy with the service and will definitely use again.

mikeapm
03-10-14, 11:45 PM
Used carsons last week. Ride in ride out. Good service,good price and will use them again.

BikeTreads
04-10-14, 09:13 AM
HI, we are able to offer a ride in ride out service and carry a wide range of tyres in stock

Ducatista
04-10-14, 11:33 AM
Hmm that's strange, they even advertise their ride in service on here

Carsons only have one bike mechanic, so it doesn't work too well if you need something doing when that one individual is on holiday.

I found their attitude very strange when they tried to convince me that it was really easy for me to do it, but their car guys wouldn't touch it.
I guess there must be some insurance/liability reason there somewhere but in practical terms they would be much better qualified and I doubt I could manage it (need help opening milk/ketchup bottles and jam jars).
Last time I tried to check the oil on the car, I couldn't undo the cap :-(
Regarless of my capabilities or lack of them, it was a very strange attitude to tell me I was better positioned than their professional car tyre fitters.

I can't remember why we hadn't planned ahead on that occassion but wih complicated lives it's not always possible to fit around the bike fitters holidays.