PDA

View Full Version : Growing numbers of Telly Tubbies!

shiftyblake
29-08-14, 10:40 AM
Is it just me who thinks riders with big fat cameras on top of their heads look nobby like telly Tubbies. Usually GS riders to be fair!

Kevinb
29-08-14, 11:55 AM
Yes totally agree cameras, furry tails, furry ears should all be banned but then if you lift up a tail you know what you are going to find underneath

Trev
29-08-14, 01:34 PM
Yes totally agree cameras, furry tails, furry ears should all be banned but then if you lift up a tail you know what you are going to find underneath

That did raise a chuckle !

I have a mate who insists on riding everywhere with a camera strapped to his helmet, not for commuter protection but so he can try and bore us with endless downloads of his rides. Despite constant p*ss taking from a few of us he still insists although no longer tries to palm us off with clips of 'interesting rides'

Mal103
29-08-14, 01:46 PM
They should be strapped to the shoulder so you can look like the Predator....
Can't really see the point in them apart from recording the crap driving of a few, if you are embedded into the side of a car the its obvious whose fault it is.

Wes
29-08-14, 05:18 PM
Getting one for my trackdays :)

shiftyblake
30-08-14, 09:19 AM
That's different Wes, your not boring the tits off people showing them your awesome ride to .....Tesco's

Jon_W
12-09-14, 11:16 AM
Is it just me who thinks riders with big fat cameras on top of their heads look nobby like telly Tubbies. Usually GS riders to be fair!

HAHAHAHAHA...... like it!

wiltshire builders
12-09-14, 04:51 PM
I was a bit of a shutter bug. Love taking pics and also have a helmet cam.
My girlfriend pointed out that I'm so busy trying to preserve the moment I'm actually missing it.
Like was mentioned earlier, nobody else is interested in your footage.
Might as well put all your concentration into enjoying the ride rather than capturing it.

shiftyblake
12-09-14, 05:32 PM
I was a bit of a shutter bug. Love taking pics and also have a helmet cam.
My girlfriend pointed out that I'm so busy trying to preserve the moment I'm actually missing it.
Like was mentioned earlier, nobody else is interested in your footage.
Might as well put all your concentration into enjoying the ride rather than capturing it.

I agree! Unless you are riding somewhere really unusual or on a track etc !

Coombzie
18-09-14, 08:45 PM
Yh they sure do the power ranger gang with there cameras ha gotta laugh

81-Nomad
10-10-14, 06:47 PM
I blame Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boringman, Long Way Round my tits! With a camera crew and support vehicles its far removed from from an honest long distance ride.

Now the bit that gets me, they managed to inspire a plethora of middle aged blokes to buy BMW trailies matching outfits, bluetooth helmets with cameras attached and satnavs attached to their bars. So now do they not only look like fannies but they're riding like Mother Goose too so they can chat and film the scenery!

Everyone to their own I guess but it's not for me.

WR6133
10-10-14, 07:30 PM
The 1 upshot is when something else becomes fashionable the market is going to be flooded with hardly used, pristine Beemers

Swanny
10-10-14, 08:55 PM
I think that's starting to happen with the likes of the MT-07 etc