PDA

View Full Version : MCE Insurance

XJ
17-08-14, 03:06 PM
I was looking at a non related article this morning which had nothing to do with Insurance but a chap mentioned that he was not happy with MCE.
After reading a little further, it was to do with the breakdown insurance included in his policy which was meant to be provided by the RAC.
He had a breakdown and called the RAC to find out that he was not covered !

With this in mind I decided to call the RAC and find out if my bike was covered due to the fact it was included in my insurance policy, I was told that I am not covered and they have no record of my bike !

Anyone that is insured with MCE, it might be a good idea to check as its a bit late if you breakdown.

Haven't had a chance to call them yet as customer services are only open on week days !!

Wes
17-08-14, 03:28 PM
Might be worth phoning first, as the bike will be on the insurers recovery database which you call in the event of a breakdown, using the number supplied with the policy, then im pretty sure they contact the breakdown company and pass over your details and position, not a direct link to the breakdown provider, which may account for them not having your bike on their records.
cheers Wes

XJ
17-08-14, 06:25 PM
Thanks Wes, going to ring in the morning

Burbler
17-08-14, 07:11 PM
Thanks Wes, going to ring in the morning

I'll be interested to hear their response. Please keep us posted XJ.

Rabb
17-08-14, 09:41 PM
You are quite right - MCE aren't with the RAC anymore - they are with "Call Assist"

I have since cancelled my cover with them (as I had a breakdown experience with them which was quite frankly ridiculous)
I went direct to the RAC

If you started your cover with MCE before a certain date in February this year then you will still be with the RAC however, if it's after that specific date you are with Call Assist.

I don't want to go into specific detail as it's too long a story however, to have a mechanic rock up without a socket set (you can see my point)

wiltshire builders
18-08-14, 08:28 AM
I recently had to call out the RAC when I was stuck in London.
My cover was through Bennetts and I must admit my heart was in my throat as I called.
It was all fine and the RAC got me going again.
I did phone Bennetts first though but in hind sight it might be better to check before a breakdown.

WhyNot
18-08-14, 08:57 AM
Only bikes insured with MCE before a certain date are covered for breakdown with RAC

My partner had to call out the breakdown the other day and a chap turned up in 30 minutes and was really helpful, personally I dont see the issue 'just' because its not RAC.

XJ
18-08-14, 09:11 AM
Just got of phone to MCE and if you have a policy dated before Feb 10th your with RAC after that your with Call Assist.