PDA

View Full Version : Ask a stupid question.....

wiltshire builders
01-08-14, 07:04 AM
A lot of non-bikers find bikes fascinating and have lots of questions e.g. How much?, How fast? Etc but occasionally they ask a real clanger.
My most common and absolute favorite is this:

"What's that?"
"It's my back protector"
"What's it for?"
"........uh.......it protects my back????"

Anyone else had a good one?

Dabz
01-08-14, 07:51 AM
Not so much of a question but I have a pet peeve about non-bikers who say "I don't have a bike because I'd just kill myself on it". That statement is the same as saying "I don't use sharp knives in the kitchen because I'd slit my wrists" or "I don't like walking near cliffs because I'd only jump off".

Trev
01-08-14, 08:10 AM
I once had 'did Kawasaki invent that green colour?'

WR6133
01-08-14, 09:28 AM
Similar to Dabz a guy at my work stated on seeing my ZZR

"I won't buy a fast bike because I'm so fearless and scared of nothing that I'm scared I would kill myself on it"

Trev
01-08-14, 09:34 AM
Similar to Dabz a guy at my work stated on seeing my ZZR

"I won't buy a fast bike because I'm so fearless and scared of nothing that I'm scared I would kill myself on it"

My Gixer11 scares me just by looking at it ; )

Nelly
01-08-14, 09:56 AM
"What's that piece of glass on the back of your helmet?"

(me) "It's so that i can see out the back"

Lost count of that little baby. It's normally followed by a few seconds silence and then question No.2.
"youre winding me up right?"

(I wear Reevu helmets ;) )

wheelers
01-08-14, 10:23 AM
I have had 16 yr olds in asking for a certain colour 2 stroke oil because they have been told its best.
also had a lad with a Kawasaki come in asking if we could fit a KTM powerband. because they are faster...
there are the old chestnuts.. can we fit powerbands, can we make chinese scooters go faster??

DaytonaDog
01-08-14, 02:02 PM
Many years ago a mate of mine was out on a date. The girl he was with on the date with turned out to not be the sharpest tool in the box, coming out with some real clangers, the two he remembers the most being:

'I love reminiscing about the future'!!

'World War 2, were we involved?'

Needless to say, he didn't see her again.

DaytonaDog
01-08-14, 02:07 PM
One of my all time favourites:

I was parked up in my 'company' vehicle, which was of the marked variety. A couple of 'scallywags', walked past and I heard one say to the other:

'Bruv, look at dat, de writin' on da bonnit haz bin writin da wron wey round, innit, how fick iz dat?

Yeah bruv, de feds are well fick'.

Nelly
01-08-14, 03:28 PM
One of my all time favourites:

I was parked up in my 'company' vehicle, which was of the marked variety. A couple of 'scallywags', walked past and I heard one say to the other:

'Bruv, look at dat, de writin' on da bonnit haz bin writin da wron wey round, innit, how fick iz dat?

Yeah bruv, de feds are well fick'.

Couldn't make it up could ya....bless em :)

wiltshire builders
01-08-14, 04:50 PM
Not so much of a question but I have a pet peeve about non-bikers who say "I don't have a bike because I'd just kill myself on it". That statement is the same as saying "I don't use sharp knives in the kitchen because I'd slit my wrists" or "I don't like walking near cliffs because I'd only jump off".
That is a classic.
It's always men too.
I think their ego can't cope with admitting that bikes frighten them.

redken1
01-08-14, 06:53 PM
"Have you ever come off?"

Ye once when I was young and stupid.

"Did it hurt?"

To be honest this is why I love young kids because they have no inhibitions and say what they are thinking. Good thread Dan.

SupeRDel
02-08-14, 08:08 AM
Was stood with Allen Millyard at the Shalbourne show last year when he first showed the "Flying Millyard" and people would come up and say.

"I have never seen one of those before"

"You won't because I built it"

"Do you have any problems getting it thru the MOT"

"Its brand new, you do not need an MOT"

The FM was road tested by the MCN this week, yes I know its crap nowadays!