PDA

View Full Version : It lives!!

Trev
31-07-14, 10:09 PM
Thanks to the wonderful guys at Hitchcocks my Royal Enfield has roared (well chugged) back into life. They had a 2nd hand CDI for 100 quid (320 new), ordered it yesterday, arrived today. Couldn;t wait to try it on the bike tonight, engine management lit up and pumped fuel all over me (left the pipe of the tank when I dismantled it 4 months ago!).

A couple of kicks and burst into life, just spent 2 hours putting everything back together and retaping the wiring I had ripped apart to check for burnt wires and tomorrow it will be ready for a test ride but it's started first kick several times now so certain all is okay. Now need to change the bloody horrendous exhaust as I intended to in March.

wiltshire builders
01-08-14, 06:58 AM
Excellent. Must've been killing you not being able to take it out in all this nice weather.

Trev
01-08-14, 08:08 AM
Excellent. Must've been killing you not being able to take it out in all this nice weather.

TBH I bought it to use in the muck & cr*p in the winter and, with a few other bikes for dry weather use, I wasn't missing riding the RE but now it's fixed I can't wait to try it out around the back lanes this weekend and even contemplating taking it for the Sunday morning ride instead of the Gixer - weird!