PDA

View Full Version : New bike clothing needed where to buy ?

919honda
30-07-14, 01:03 PM
Hi there,

My current all weather bike gear is starting to fall apart after many years of usage ! (Leather trousers, textile waterproof armoured jacket) i am a commuter, and in winter also !!

So I was wondering if anyone could recommend any bike clothing gear shops in the Bath, Bristol , Chippenham areas

I know of Fowlers, and apparently there is a place near Filton BAE, any others?

Thanks

Throttle_junkie
30-07-14, 01:09 PM
could try motorcycle megastore in swindon.......

919honda
30-07-14, 01:11 PM
could try motorcycle megastore in swindon.......

thanks , is that the old George Whites place ?

Throttle_junkie
30-07-14, 01:21 PM
thats it, have to rummage as they dont always have the size you are looking for, but a fair amount of different kit to be had

919honda
30-07-14, 01:24 PM
thats it, have to rummage as they dont always have the size you are looking for, but a fair amount of different kit to be had

Cheers

Reasonable prices ?

Throttle_junkie
30-07-14, 01:29 PM
yeah, not too bad, its all end of season/line, and unsold stock from other places. Top brand and lesser known brands, helmets, boots, full leathers, 2 piece, textiles, casual, bikes, maint, got it all really under one roof. Its on my doorstep so im always in there, and to be honest dont see the need to go anywhere else.

Throttle_junkie
30-07-14, 01:31 PM
Also Artdeans in Swindon, near the designer outlet village, they sell gear but not sure how much they have and price etc....

919honda
30-07-14, 01:42 PM
yeah, not too bad, its all end of season/line, and unsold stock from other places. Top brand and lesser known brands, helmets, boots, full leathers, 2 piece, textiles, casual, bikes, maint, got it all really under one roof. Its on my doorstep so im always in there, and to be honest dont see the need to go anywhere else.

If you pop in anytime soon and have the time too , can you look at leather trousers ( 38" i like a loose fit ) with armour and a jacket ( 42"- 44" ) with armour and a detachable linning, waterproof or just water resistance , and some prices please

thanks

Throttle_junkie
30-07-14, 02:03 PM
whats my name... Gok Wan !!! lol, yeah if i remember i will. They do have a website, may find what your looking for on there?

919honda
30-07-14, 04:30 PM
lol,,, ,

I will check the website out, cheers

Wes
30-07-14, 05:28 PM
HRS in old market Bristol have a decent range of clothing, priced fair as well, parking outside the shop :)

919honda
30-07-14, 05:42 PM
HRS in old market Bristol have a decent range of clothing, priced fair as well, parking outside the shop :)

hey up Wes , :D

Of course forget them !! I used to use them when they were based in Bath on the London road , many moons ago :eek:

thanks

Gavuk
30-07-14, 10:12 PM
I recently popped to Barry and visited http://www.bikersgearuk.com/about-us they sell on ebay but if you pop down they have changing rooms,I bought there airtex jacket and trouser combo £98,they give a discount in store :)

WR6133
30-07-14, 10:50 PM
I recently popped to Barry and visited http://www.bikersgearuk.com/about-us they sell on ebay but if you pop down they have changing rooms,I bought there airtex jacket and trouser combo £98,they give a discount in store :)

I've got a couple of their jackets really good value.

QB1
30-07-14, 10:51 PM
The shop in Filton is J and S Accessories. It's quite a small shop but they stock quite a bit, prices are quite good, and I've always found them really helpful.

Personally wouldn't bother with the Mega Motorcycle store in Swindon. (The old George Whites) They don't have much choice in sizes and I reckon they've got very expensive.

Grahamb
03-08-14, 12:09 PM
My first post since signing on, i am with Throttle junkie on this one, (mega store Swindon) i not long back got a leather jacket, (i prefer leather as to textile jackets) got a nice bit knocked off the price, but did buy my wife Anne a new pair of boots, also got something knocked off them too.
As they are only 5 mins down the road no brainer really.

Graham

81-Nomad
12-08-14, 09:35 PM
City of Leather in London do a lot of work for our club and do so because they do a good job at a decent price.

The've started doing waxed cotton stuff like Belstaff but at a fraction of the price. I tried on a short jacket at the Bulldog and couldn't make my mind up until the Sunday, when I got there it had gone so will be making a phone call.

The jacket and trousers as a set was around £300.