PDA

View Full Version : Driverless Cars on British roads next year

theoldbaldone
30-07-14, 08:29 AM
UK to allow testing of driverless cars on roads next year, i was hoping that it was not going to be this soon that we see rc cars on the road, just another way for the government to spy on us, when a Accident happens and that is when, who is liable if there is no driver, will that mean that a drunk can get in and drive around, can't wait to read the laws on this. http://t.co/0FICyezfbS

Trev
30-07-14, 08:43 AM
Given the choice of a drunk in a 'driverless' car or one they are in control of themselves I know which I would go for ; )

Gerry
30-07-14, 09:26 AM
UK to allow testing of driverless cars on roads next year, i was hoping that it was not going to be this soon that we see rc cars on the road, just another way for the government to spy on us, when a Accident happens and that is when, who is liable if there is no driver, will that mean that a drunk can get in and drive around, can't wait to read the laws on this. http://t.co/0FICyezfbS

You're not related to Swanny are you ;-)
Fear not, common sense tells me that it will be many years before this happens for masses of reasons !
Remember, "the media were telling us we would all be driving around in electric cars over twenty years ago ;-)

I'm waiting for driverless motorcycles :-)

Swanny
30-07-14, 01:41 PM
Haha :rolleyes::p

These cars will have to give way to pedestrians, therefore you won't need zebra crossing etc you can just cross the road anywhere you like even a motorway would be ok to cross

Could be fun messing with the traffic :cool:

Kevinb
30-07-14, 03:49 PM
The amount of people you see eating, drinking, on there phones or looking at their passengers whilst chatting it seems like we have had driverless cars for years!

Nelly
30-07-14, 04:03 PM
The amount of people you see eating, drinking, on there phones or looking at their passengers whilst chatting it seems like we have had driverless cars for years!
+1 !

theoldbaldone
30-07-14, 04:11 PM
It would be fun watching, cars stopping and starting with people walking in to the road, it would be good to know how they will behave with bikes filtering or pulling up to the front at traffic lights as well.

Vulcanboy
01-08-14, 09:30 AM
Give it 5 to 10 years ..... driverless cars will be good for the elderly, blind, drunks, incompetent, and those who feel obliged to text their mates whilst negotiating junctions and roundabouts ....

Burbler
01-08-14, 10:21 AM
Haha :rolleyes::p

These cars will have to give way to pedestrians, therefore you won't need zebra crossing etc you can just cross the road anywhere you like even a motorway would be ok to cross

Could be fun messing with the traffic :cool:

:D You first ! I'll come and watch for a while.

Swanny
01-08-14, 01:01 PM
You only have to pretend to cross and the car will panic. :D

Trev
01-08-14, 01:04 PM
You only have to pretend to cross and the car will panic. :D

Hopefully they don't build in panic as a reaction, that usually ends badly ; )

Julie_S
02-08-14, 09:50 AM
Driverless cars have got to be safer than many of the 'drivers' on the road today

theoldbaldone
02-08-14, 06:04 PM
http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2012/2014/july/driverless-cars-motorcycle-concerns/?utm_source=twfb&utm_medium=social&utm_content=driverlesscarsutm_campaign=bikesocial# .U90Y6ttwZqY

Rabb
08-08-14, 10:14 PM
To be honest - I think we must already have driverless cars on the evidence I saw Today.
I decided to take my wife out as pillion this afternoon (She has never been pillion before)
In the space of half an hour we had the following experiences
1. Two 4X4 's in the wrong lanes blocking traffic
2. Two people deciding that it would be good to text whilst driving
3. One Artic driver who thought making a phone call was important whilst driving
4. A motorist who thought that changing a wheel on a bend (next to traffic lights) was a good idea

Where the bloody hell do these idiots come from.
Were they all released at the same time from a padded cell...
Words fail me!!!!

Swanny
09-08-14, 08:56 AM
Can we get our driverless car to take us home from the pub??
I bet they don't allow that the tossers

theoldbaldone
10-08-14, 09:45 AM
You're not related to Swanny are you ;-)

Fear not, common sense tells me that it will be many years before this happens for masses of reasons !

Remember, "the media were telling us we would all be driving around in electric cars over twenty years ago ;-)

I'm waiting for driverless motorcycles :-)

Google are working on it http://www.stuff.tv/google/google-revs-self-driving-trucks-and-motorbikes/news

Swanny
10-08-14, 02:10 PM
Google are working on it http://www.stuff.tv/google/google-revs-self-driving-trucks-and-motorbikes/news

Why???
:confused:

Conehead
10-08-14, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't want to sit on that bike, the exhaust will be right in your face.

Vulcanboy
29-08-14, 12:37 PM
Surely, driverless cars have got to be good for motorcyclists ...

shiftyblake
29-08-14, 03:44 PM
I can't wait to go pillion on my own motorbike when the technology comes across ha ha!

SupeRDel
30-08-14, 08:30 AM
Did read a thing on facebook from a chap who is a bus driver.
He went and tested a bus that was semi driverless, you drive to a point and flick a switch and the bus then follows pre set route like a tram on lines
Driver sits back and lets go of steering wheel - said it was dead scarey

redken1
31-08-14, 09:24 AM
Did read a thing on facebook from a chap who is a bus driver.
He went and tested a bus that was semi driverless, you drive to a point and flick a switch and the bus then follows pre set route like a tram on lines
Driver sits back and lets go of steering wheel - said it was dead scarey

A similar experience to sitting in the passenger seat when your female partner is behind the wheel no doubt. 😁😉😛 lol. Runs for cover