PDA

View Full Version : Extra padding for the seet

himaro
18-07-14, 01:39 PM
Well, as it says on the tin, i need extra padding on my seet.
I'm one of those tall \ lanky people who's skin and bone.
As a result, unless the bike has a decent amount of padding, i find it really uncomfortable to ride for extended periods of time.
which is a shame, because i want to ride around spain next year if i can afford to.

do you know of a relatively cheap way to add padding onto a seet?

WR6133
18-07-14, 02:16 PM
Put a sheepskin on it. They cost b-all on eBay. Next up in price is a gel cover. Finally and most costly is recover the seat and put a gel insert under the cover.

Or eat 15 donuts a day for a few months to develop some arse fat

Conehead
18-07-14, 04:26 PM
What he said ^^^^^

Wes
18-07-14, 10:09 PM
Depends how much you are willing to spend really, getgeared do one for £50 which is £20 off at the mo.

himaro
19-07-14, 03:34 PM
Or eat 15 donuts a day for a few months to develop some arse fat
Believe me, I've tried! I'm also one of those people who could eat for England but never gain weight!

Depends how much you are willing to spend really, getgeared do one for £50 which is £20 off at the mo.

I'll have a little look at that now!

cuffy
19-07-14, 05:39 PM
Padded cycle shorts under your leathers?

Annie
20-07-14, 11:24 AM
There are several ways to make your seat softer/more comfortable, all that has been said, but you can insert a softer foam and if done correctly the original seat cover will go back on.
It is a relatively cheap option. I can do it for you for around £40.
www.cobra-leathers.co.uk

BifferGaz
22-07-14, 12:20 PM
Drink more beer. Natural padding will soom follow!

QB1
22-07-14, 01:07 PM
Drink more beer. Natural padding will soom follow!

Doesnt too much beer give you a fat belly though :p

QB1
22-07-14, 01:11 PM
Well, as it says on the tin, i need extra padding on my seet.
I'm one of those tall \ lanky people who's skin and bone.
As a result, unless the bike has a decent amount of padding, i find it really uncomfortable to ride for extended periods of time.
which is a shame, because i want to ride around spain next year if i can afford to.

do you know of a relatively cheap way to add padding onto a seet?

Not sure its padding alone which is the issue I think its the style of bike. More upright bikes tend to give me bum ache (and I DO have plenty of natural padding) but stick me on a sports bike with a plank of a seat and I never a problem. Solution = sports bike ;)

WhyNot
22-07-14, 01:44 PM
Gel seats are the best - I wouldnt bother with sheepskin unless your only doing short trips, although I have not done vigorous research due to being blessed with the natural form.....