PDA

View Full Version : Help with ped in Melksham

Conehead
27-06-14, 10:25 PM
Hey all.

We have a possible new member who is in dire need of assistance. She is 20 and no one wants to help her fix her ped except her mum but neither are skilled or have the money. They have a thread up on Facebook Bikers which I am happy to put up for anyone to read but the jist of it is her ped wont go. Info is very sparse. Is there anyone in the area that is willing to give up some time and effort to help her out as she urgently needs the ped for work. If anyone can help then let me know and I will pass you details on or visa versa.

Cheers

Swanny
28-06-14, 01:08 AM
I don't use fb. What's wrong with it?

wheelers
28-06-14, 08:17 AM
don't use fb either , its trouble all that we have had to do with it.
peds allways get played with usually by mates who don't even have one themselves. as soon as we fix them they breakdown again.
more info needed , mainly what ped? name and model?

WR6133
28-06-14, 10:09 AM
Hey all.

We have a possible new member who is in dire need of assistance. She is 20 and no one wants to help her fix her ped except her mum but neither are skilled or have the money. They have a thread up on Facebook Bikers which I am happy to put up for anyone to read but the jist of it is her ped wont go. Info is very sparse. Is there anyone in the area that is willing to give up some time and effort to help her out as she urgently needs the ped for work. If anyone can help then let me know and I will pass you details on or visa versa.

Cheers

Is she hot and why doesn't she sell the ped and get a proper 125? :p

Details may help though. (about the ped not her possible hotness)

Red Zed 1
28-06-14, 05:28 PM
Is she hot and why doesn't she sell the ped and get a proper 125? :p

Details may help though. (about the ped not her possible hotness)

yes details are required and the more the better!! ;)

and i would be willing to help anyway,if i can..

Conehead
28-06-14, 08:09 PM
Very hard to tell, She didn't know where her carb was. thats how bad she needs help. Not sure if fixed yet but will check with her and let you know. On the thread there is a video and it sounds like her carb jet is blocked as stalling as soon as she revs buT it idles just fine.

Conehead
28-06-14, 08:33 PM
She has someone coming round tomorrow to have a look. Thanks anyway for offers.

Red Zed 1
28-06-14, 09:42 PM
yeah..i said i'd go round for a looksee what i can do..

Conehead
29-06-14, 01:50 PM
Aaahh. Good man Al. I hope you managed to get it going for her.

Swanny
29-06-14, 05:28 PM
And let us know whether or not she's a babe ;)

Red Zed 1
29-06-14, 07:53 PM
not one to kiss and tell in public swanny..lol..

scooter has several issues,main one its chinese!!
drive belt broke and seems to have caused damage to drive spindle..was ok before belt broke but now judders badly at idle..new belt fitted..new clutch also fitted to try to cure judder..everything seems to be fitted ok so i think judder caused by bent drive spindle..
running issue seems to be caused by blocked air filter..took it off,very dirty..runs much better without filter..girl seems happy with what i tried to do to help..left it with her to clean/replace air filter and put all the panels back on that she had removed..
she tried it up the road and she seems happy although she is concerned about the judder..i suggested get rid quick..she said that was the plan..

cuffy
29-06-14, 07:59 PM
If it's a potential death trap then tell her to scrap it. I for one couldn't have that on my concience if i sold it to someone and they came a cropper on it.

BB
29-06-14, 08:09 PM
I would like to take the opportunity to point out to any prospective new members that it makes no difference to the majority of us on here whether you are hot or not!

wheelers
29-06-14, 08:19 PM
from my experience its not worth spending any more on. the problem with Chinese is you get what you pay for. Ive got two Peugeots( originals not Chinese with Peugeot badges as later ones are) which are older but still running but cost as much second hand as Chinese are new. if that drive shaft snaps could be painful..... get shot of.

Conehead
29-06-14, 09:39 PM
Cheers for helping out Al. I really felt for the girl and her mum when no one would them. Much appreciated.

Red Zed 1
30-06-14, 07:33 AM
Cheers for helping out Al. I really felt for the girl and her mum when no one would them. Much appreciated.

me too..one of her brothers tried to help but the girl didn't think he knew what he was doing and the rest of her family bar her mum didn't seem to care..

i agree that the scooter is probably scrap material but she said she only needed it for a couple months then she was getting rid of..good luck to her i say..
i dont think she will sell it on,the state of it means it probably wouldn't find a buyer anyway!!

WR6133
30-06-14, 08:59 AM
If she is punting it on for peanuts I'd probably buy it.

Kevinb
01-07-14, 01:48 PM
And if you pay over £15 for a Chinese they deliver it for free

Swanny
01-07-14, 02:12 PM
So if you buy two you get free delivery :cool: