PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone advice

Swanny
18-06-14, 11:41 AM
My trusty old Sony Ericsson W995 is coming to the end of it's life. The charger doesn't always work and the screen is scratched to hell
I need something to replace it but have no idea what

I need a phone that will....

Let me call and text people
Has a torch
Good battery life
Good camera
Blue Tooth for the van
And a low SAR rating (it seems people in phone shops have no idea what SAR means)

Not bothered about internet, I don't do facebook and don't want to pay much :p

Anyone have any ideas??

theoldbaldone
18-06-14, 11:52 AM
Hi try this site for SAR rating and phone ratings, the phone shops will sell you what they can make the most money on not what you need, http://www.gsmarena.com/

Swanny
18-06-14, 12:55 PM
I've noticed that once they realise you're not interested in the latest smart phone they don't seem to want to talk. So much for customer service :p

Kevinb
18-06-14, 01:46 PM
I've got a Blackberry Z10 on my desk if you are interested. White with slight mark on the top left of the cover but no screen damage/scratches. No cables or manual? £75

I'm just charging it up. Only selling as the company has moved to Windows phones and sold the rest on e-bay

I'm on 07534601948

wiltshire builders
18-06-14, 05:01 PM
You're going to have to compromise somewhere.
If you want a decent camera, you're looking at a smart phone.
If you want decent battery life they're out of the question.
Something like the Nokia 301 would do the job. It's got a 3.2 mp camera and pretty good battery life.
My iPhone needs charging twice a day.

Swanny
19-06-14, 03:14 PM
Yesterday I went into trogtown and into a phone shop. There was an old lady in front of me that started telling the member of staff that the smart phone she had bought last week was far too complicated for her to use and she wanted to get a Doro phone. The chap couldn't give her a refund or buy it from her, she turned to me and asked if I wanted to buy it for £40
So I did

It's a Huawei (feck knows how you pronounce that) http://www.thesealedvault.org/vb/forum/images/smilies/confused.png 300Y smart phone. Not want I intended to get but...

After messing about with it last night I really don't like it. It's a good phone but it needs a proper keypad. One of the Mowermen is going to have it but I'm back to square one. I don't suppose anyone has an old Sony Ericsson W995 knocking about in the drawer???

My W995 has everything I need, 8.1 camera, torch etc but they don't make them anymore

Thanks for the offer Kevin

Thanks WB I'll have a look at the Nokia it looks like it maybe ok just missing a torch