PDA

View Full Version : Close call with a big rock

Takson
07-06-14, 08:43 AM
I'm just back from a weeks riding in Spain and France with my dad and uncle. I'll put together a quick write up and explain some of where we went, as we found some amazing roads, scenery and hospitality along the way, but thought I would share this little clip first.

We were riding along quite steadily by some major roadworks when a lump of rock came off a tipper lorry coming the other way. We knew it was close, but didnt realise the full extent until we saw the video!

(http://youtu.be/tV3m74NuGUI)Close Call with a rock (http://youtu.be/tV3m74NuGUI)

wiltshire builders
07-06-14, 08:50 AM
That could've been bad!

Conehead
07-06-14, 12:46 PM
That was close.

Goldie
07-06-14, 01:31 PM
woah, that could've been reallllly nasty :eek:

Red Zed 1
07-06-14, 01:32 PM
definately one of those hope and pray moments..

Swanny
07-06-14, 09:08 PM
Blimey you were lucky

shiftyblake
07-06-14, 09:16 PM
Eye waterer !

BB
08-06-14, 06:26 PM
Lucky!

Trev
09-06-14, 09:40 AM
Underlines again that no matter how defensively you ride and how much training you do there are still incidents that will come up that can't be avoided and, as we all know, you're a lot more vulnerable hanging out in the air even with out much trusted high tech, armoured kit. Mo'sicklin is still a tad dangerous.

Pleased to see this one didn't have your name on it

Rabb
09-06-14, 10:17 PM
Reminds me of when I went over a kerb-stone that had fallen off a lorry at night, doing 60mph and on a bend!

My guardian angel was with me that night........!!!

shiftyblake
10-06-14, 12:26 PM
I remember getting hit in the shoulder by a flicked up stone on the M4. It was only the size of a large pebble, a bit like the stones you see in the hard should traps. It hit me on the rubber armour. I was wearing an AlpineStars GoreTex jacket. When I took my jacket off you could see a bulls eye mark in the armour it had hit so hard and marked my T shirt underneath. I was doing about er hum mmmm 70 plus .... that always reminded me how much damage it could have done. That one on the lorry was at least a leg breaker !