PDA

View Full Version : Triumph street triple ticking noise AGAIN

nelsonmf
31-05-14, 12:05 PM
Hey guys,

I won't say "don't by a triumph" because I may have been very unlucky, probably the under 1% of people that get a faulty motorbike but I'm really angry now and I think people should see this.

This is the video and the descriptions explains everything. So if you want to buy a triumph think twice, at least for their bad support. I wanted a ducati but I thought a triumph would have been more trouble free... I think I was wrong... at least a ducati has the looks and the name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR5vxO0uSzM&feature=youtu.be

Conehead
31-05-14, 02:48 PM
I found it very hard to hear anything but might have heard your cam chain which is in the same area.

An oil change should clear the noise as I think it is just that the oil is getting old.

Hope this helps

nelsonmf
31-05-14, 04:26 PM
Hi Conehead, how are you?
Thanks for the comment. The cam chain was what the dealer thought it was first time and it was the valves. It may be cam chain this time but it is very unlikely to me... Oil is supposed to have been changed on the 3rd of May (this month) because it was the bike's yearly service. Anyway, even if the oil wasn't changed, it would have 3500 miles by now.

Dealer asked to me to send the bike back and with no courtesy bike again...

Conehead
31-05-14, 09:18 PM
I'm ok, If the issue is with the bike being faulty then the dealer should loan you a bike as a courtesy. I wouldn't trust any bike shop with an oil change as I have heard a lot of them dont bother and just top it off. Check the oil and see how clean it is but I am still convinced what I heard was your cam chain. Did you buy the bike new, if so then surely there would be some kind of guarantee that you can shove under their nose. Happy to help if you need.

nelsonmf
31-05-14, 09:27 PM
I'm ok, If the issue is with the bike being faulty then the dealer should loan you a bike as a courtesy. I wouldn't trust any bike shop with an oil change as I have heard a lot of them dont bother and just top it off. Check the oil and see how clean it is but I am still convinced what I heard was your cam chain. Did you buy the bike new, if so then surely there would be some kind of guarantee that you can shove under their nose. Happy to help if you need.

I agree with you on not trusting them in oil changes, but at least the oil filter is different... unless they put the old oil back in... that would be very dodgy.

I'll check the oil and will let you know, but already did 1200 miles on this one.

Yes, the bike was bought new and on the first time when the engine had to be rebuilt, I insisted for a new engine and triumph told me "we don't do that, we fix the engine and that's what the warranty is for".

I read on the internet that a courtesy bike is at the dealers discretion, they don't have to do it... I feel powerless and deceived. They took all my money and time and I don't even have something that behaves like something new. :(

Conehead
01-06-14, 05:42 PM
You will probably be wasting your time but maybe mention trading standards and fair policy. If that doesn't work name and shame. Either way I hope it all works out for you.

njl
01-06-14, 08:48 PM
Sounds like Yamatick!

napalm
01-06-14, 09:12 PM
I watched your video, then watched 3 others recommended by YouTube which were all about the automatic can chain tensioner being faulty. The sounds all were very much like yours....

Aubz
08-06-14, 03:52 PM
Mine makes the same noise, is it definitely something, to be worried about? Strikes me that it would be an oil thing?!

Jed
10-06-14, 04:46 PM
Are the exhaust headers tight? Could be a tiny leak which can sound a bit like this.

Bonkers
12-06-14, 12:49 PM
I have the same noise on My 2011 Trippl R , its got 4,000 miles and I have had it 5 weeks its made that same sound since the day i drove it out of the Triumph Dealer.... I did wonder if its just the noise the bike makes ?? any info would be very helpful......

Red Zed 1
12-06-14, 11:31 PM
just listened to this..sounds a lot like an exhaust blow,maybe a pinhole..noise didnt seem to change once warm which a lot of internal engine noises would do..would need to listen in the flesh really to be more accurate..