PDA

View Full Version : Wake up Wilton

ChrisH
24-05-14, 10:10 AM
Dear all, I see that the regular monthly Sunday morning Wake up Wilton car events are planning to hold a motorcycle event on Sunday 24 August. If it's anything this the car events, it will be bloody good I'm sure. If you've not been to one of their car events and you like cars as well as bikes, I think you might be missing something (there is one this Sunday morning)

Just wondered if the August bike meeting might be a good opportunity to meet up with each other and go for an informal ride afterwards, any thoughts ?

Chris

YMFB
26-05-14, 08:10 AM
Thanks for posting

Dabz
26-05-14, 08:17 AM
Sounds good, I'm up for that

ChrisH
26-05-14, 11:31 AM
I went to the Wake Up Wilton car event yesterday morning and apparently there is no need to book, they are happy that Motorcyclists just tun up and display their bikes where as I think because of limited space for car events, owners have to book in advance. They are interested in any type of bike, classic or modern , new or old.

Chris

Nelly
26-05-14, 11:39 AM
Yeah, i'd be up for that.

Jon_W
27-05-14, 08:19 AM
Sounds good. Might be up for that one.

gibbo
27-05-14, 08:42 AM
Dear all, I see that the regular monthly Sunday morning Wake up Wilton car events are planning to hold a motorcycle event on Sunday 24 August. If it's anything this the car events, it will be bloody good I'm sure. If you've not been to one of their car events and you like cars as well as bikes, I think you might be missing something (there is one this Sunday morning)

Just wondered if the August bike meeting might be a good opportunity to meet up with each other and go for an informal ride afterwards, any thoughts ?

Chris

Hi Chris.
Sounds something I'd be interested in. Could you post some directions etc.

ChrisH
27-05-14, 03:02 PM
Dear All, details of the 'Wake up Wilton' events can be found at http://www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk/wake-up-events/

They are held in the Court Yard of Wilton House which is in Wilton only two or three miles West of Salisbury just off the A36 post code is SP2 0BJ

As I said before, the bike event is on 24 August but the themed car events are also listed and they are well worth going to and its all FREE!!! Well you pay for the breakfast if you want it !

It draws quite a lot of exotic machinery, have seen a couple of Nobles there, as well as the usual Ferraris and Lambos but this will be their first ever Bike event.

Fingers crossed for a dry day, because my Street Triple doesn't like getting wet!

No idea where we could go afterwards but obviously the B3081 from Sixpenny Handley to Shaftesbury is not far away!

Hope this helps,

Chris

Red Zed 1
27-05-14, 05:38 PM
oh yes..B3081..recently discovered and to be visited regularly from now on..
looks like a good idea all round..

YMFB
27-05-14, 06:59 PM
Dear All, details of the 'Wake up Wilton' events can be found at http://www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk/wake-up-events/

They are held in the Court Yard of Wilton House which is in Wilton only two or three miles West of Salisbury just off the A36 post code is SP2 0BJ

As I said before, the bike event is on 24 August but the themed car events are also listed and they are well worth going to and its all FREE!!! Well you pay for the breakfast if you want it !

It draws quite a lot of exotic machinery, have seen a couple of Nobles there, as well as the usual Ferraris and Lambos but this will be their first ever Bike event.

Fingers crossed for a dry day, because my Street Triple doesn't like getting wet!

No idea where we could go afterwards but obviously the B3081 from Sixpenny Handley to Shaftesbury is not far away!

Hope this helps,

Chris

Compton Abbas, very nr Zig Zag, or for better grub try the Udder Farm Shop Cafe a few miles south of Shaftesbury on the A30

Burbler
27-05-14, 07:24 PM
Yep, decent nosh there (Udder Fm). Also Sat 26 Jul Vintage Vehicle Do.