PDA

View Full Version : Gold ACU helmet sticker

Swanny
12-05-14, 06:38 PM
I want to take it off of my hat but am wondering if it needs to be there.
I think I remember someone saying you couldn't go on track if you don't have it. Does anyone here know??

Thanks

Burbler
12-05-14, 06:57 PM
I know that Brands insists on an acu / fim rated hat but I think that some want a 'good quality' hat.
I'd leave the label on just in case.

Conehead
12-05-14, 08:35 PM
I would leave it on. Tracks do look for them and also if you take it off it leaves an imprint on your helmet you cant get off. Happened to my old one anyway.

Wes
12-05-14, 09:02 PM
Just done Pembrey with Focused events, and it does mention the Gold stamp as well as the other regs.
cheers wes

wiltshire builders
12-05-14, 09:54 PM
They all require it, none of them check it.

wheelers
13-05-14, 12:06 PM
BUT...
if you have an accident on the track, they impound the lid and will scruitinise it especially if its a major accident/ trauma .

Jon_W
13-05-14, 03:49 PM
For track, you have to have it and usually the Helmet has to be in date. I believe this is 5 years, but not sure.

wiltshire builders
14-05-14, 01:58 PM
BUT...
if you have an accident on the track, they impound the lid and will scruitinise it especially if its a major accident/ trauma .
So what?

Swanny
14-05-14, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the replies I'll take it off as it will look better without it :cool:

wheelers
14-05-14, 07:43 PM
from road racing standard regulations...

14.2 Helmets
Helmets bearing the current ACU gold stamp and in sound condition and properly fitted must be
worn by all riders and passengers while practising and racing. Overseas riders may use helmets as
approved by their own FMN.

most track days are held under ACU reguations as circuits are acreddited by the ACU, we get the same arguments at moto x, certain tracks are ACU recognised therefore when accidents happen it reflects back on the ACU, even at Foxhills , kids riding in the top field had to be stopped as it would be kicked back as an accident at a moto cross meeting, not a private venue but a MX track, irrespective of ACU, AMCA, ORPA or others, same applies at road racing, an accident at track days at Coombe would be reported as at a race meeting, when the Police get involved, and they can, they question rules and regulations which is why they say good helmets and preferably one piece leathers, boots , glass covered up and speedos covered.

WR6133
14-05-14, 09:49 PM
Them rules don't mean a lot when you can get this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACU-Gold-Motorcycle-Helmet-Sticker-Decal-Genuine-For-Refurb-/181409907524?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a3cdf8344

wiltshire builders
14-05-14, 10:50 PM
Them rules don't mean a lot when you can get this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACU-Gold-Motorcycle-Helmet-Sticker-Decal-Genuine-For-Refurb-/181409907524?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a3cdf8344

It clearly states "for refurb" much like the tiny "show number plates" or the "neck massagers" found in the back pages of woman's weekly.
:D

If you're found to be using a helmet without a sticker on a track day what's the worst they can do?
Call the police? Tell the ACU? Get your mum to come and get you?

I've never been checked and the only reason it's policy is for safety and litigious reasons.
At the end of the day your helmet is going to perform the same way sticker or no sticker.

DC
14-05-14, 11:25 PM
"Get your mum to come and get you"................ ;););)

Swanny
14-05-14, 11:39 PM
At the end of the day your helmet is going to perform the same way sticker or no sticker.

I thought it was dangerous to put stickers on some types of helmets :p

Marmalade
15-05-14, 02:04 AM
It was, in the 80's

--------------------------------
On the road to nowhere

Swanny
15-05-14, 08:49 AM
The good old days :cool: