PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Going to the IOM TT?

WhyNot
06-05-14, 04:02 PM
Just booked our TT campsite, decided to fly over though due to being new to riding and not wanting to risk it...

Is anyone else going?

Super excited now, im just hoping for good weather :)

M

WR6133
06-05-14, 04:16 PM
Almost decided to go. The wife has some time off and we thought about it then saw the price of getting there and staying there (she won't do camping) and decided to go to France instead in the Summer

WhyNot
06-05-14, 04:55 PM
We were shocked at the ferry price, you can fly there from London for £110 return, I managed to pay with air miles and got the flights for £30 each, more beer money when we get there :)

Are you taking the bike to France? A friends friend owns a bike friendly B&B on Normandy beach that's meant to be amazing!

WR6133
06-05-14, 05:08 PM
We were shocked at the ferry price, you can fly there from London for £110 return, I managed to pay with air miles and got the flights for £30 each, more beer money when we get there :)

Are you taking the bike to France? A friends friend owns a bike friendly B&B on Normandy beach that's meant to be amazing!

I think we were quoted near 270 notes for return ferry! All the B&B's and places with room are price hiking like mad too. 4 days IOM was equalling a week in pretty much any European city.

Car for France. Can't smuggle much on the bike.

wiltshire builders
06-05-14, 11:33 PM
I went 2 years ago. The day after I got back I went to Thailand for 2 weeks and all in it wasn't that much more expensive.
Food and drink in TT week can be ridiculous.
The ferry crossing per mile is one of the highest in the world.
Buuuuuuut it is the TT and it's got to be done.
Have a great time!

Conehead
07-05-14, 11:25 AM
I wish, No notes at the moment

Jon_W
07-05-14, 02:45 PM
Try going for the Southern 100 if you want a cheaper alternative.

WhyNot
07-05-14, 04:07 PM
I will have to get plenty of pictures then :)