PDA

View Full Version : Let the abuse begin

Conehead
29-04-14, 11:02 PM
I know this is opening me up for total abuse but I have broad shoulders so should be able to take it.

My problem is when I put my helmet on it pulls the top of my 'donkey ears' down folding them. I usually just shove my finger in afterwards to flip my 'Mr Spocks' back upright but now I am using ear plugs it pulls them out as well. I cant not use the ear plugs as my 'Dumbos' are starting to flap on me.

Anyone have any advice other than taping my 'head wings' like a rugby player.

Nano
29-04-14, 11:26 PM
vasoline?......chain lube....or perhaps a head sock, I have a very thin cotton faceless balaclava which keeps my sticky out bits in the right place, got it from ebay for £2.99. My wife just said 'staples' with a sadistic look on her face.

DC
29-04-14, 11:30 PM
I have the same issue with the wings and have to shove my finger up the side of the helmet to flatten them out again :rolleyes: I always use B and Q orange earplugs and don't have any trouble with them popping out,they're pretty good plugs too and cheap :cool:

wiltshire builders
29-04-14, 11:39 PM
Try putting your forehead in first then pulling the helmet around and down.
If that doesnt work you've either got the wrong helmet for your ears or the wtong ears for your helmet.

8_ball
29-04-14, 11:56 PM
cut some holes in your helmet and let them hang out in the breeze lol

Nano
30-04-14, 12:16 AM
this is the one for you, I just got an Amazon email with the following .....what timing

http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Swim-Cap-Long-Hair/dp/B00F620YVW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1PK7Y85J9H38C4KBZQ42

Nelly
30-04-14, 07:01 AM
Tried a full balaclava?

WR6133
30-04-14, 08:10 AM
Go try on a lot of helmets I bet you'll find one that works for you.

Failing that move to Florida you don't need a Lid there.

Swanny
30-04-14, 08:50 AM
Grow your hair so that it covers your ears
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/0/5/0/9/4/4/4/Hippy-32432521034.jpeg

QB1
30-04-14, 08:56 AM
Are you sure you are putting your ear plugs in properly and the helmet fits properly?

XJ
30-04-14, 10:10 AM
Make sure you pull the straps outwards before you put the helmet on, the helmet will have a small amount of give and should be enough to clear your ears, saying that not sure how big your ear are !!

wheelers
30-04-14, 12:24 PM
+1

Conehead
30-04-14, 08:28 PM
Cheers for the advice all. My lid is slightly uncomfortable so isnt the best size for my weird head and flaps. I love the fit of Arai and shark but cant afford the price tag so I will just have to make do for a while longer. Used to have long hair and that worked well but i am lucky if grows now so that is out. Swimming cap is great idea but prone to strange looks and giggles. The plugs I am using now are the most comfortable ever and they are the ones where you buy the silicone and mould them yourself but shift when you put the helmet on and cant get them back in correctly without taking the helmet off again. Catch 22. I think I either need to go to Florida (are you paying WR6133) or go for a full balaclava and try that. Regarding the size of my ears, well you could land a dumbo on them and I have to make sure I dont run anywhere otherwise i get airborn. Love the idea of letting them hang out of precut holes but they might get cold. STAPLES made me laugh but remind me never to meet your wife Nano in case she tries. Cheers for all your advice.

Swanny
30-04-14, 11:20 PM
What about growing hair out of your ears and platting it up over your head??

WR6133
01-05-14, 06:51 AM
When I win the lottery I'll get you a ticket to Florida though personally I'll be off to Colorado they may have helmet laws but they also have a very liberal attitude to other things.

I sympathise with the weird head thing, my ears are ok but my head is an odd shape and I struggle with lids fitting properly.

Burbler
01-05-14, 09:28 AM
Here you go,,,

Kevinb
01-05-14, 01:21 PM
Tights. Just remember to take them off before doing any banking

Swanny
01-05-14, 05:31 PM
Hey Coney do you always remember to remove your gloves from inside your helmet before putting it on ??? ;)

Conehead
01-05-14, 07:52 PM
Of course I do Swanny as my hands get cold.
WR6133 don't forget me when you're rich
Burbler, I want it now. It's perfect but what is the SHARP rating ;O)
Kevinb, with my memory I'll be in jail by the end of the week.

Bulldog
07-05-14, 06:28 PM
Maybe try a flip front as when you pull the straps out there is far more give in the helmet to fit your ears in.

Toph
07-05-14, 08:24 PM
do a Van Gogh and cut the b*ggers off! :)

Conehead
07-05-14, 08:27 PM
Bulldog, I was considering that as an option. Great idea.
Toph, the idea was to try and preserve what I have left no bugger it up totally, plus where would I hang the keys when out.

Rabb
09-05-14, 12:29 AM
Tape your ears - Rugby stylie........
:-))