PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is the Moto GP commentary poor this year?

shiftyblake
27-04-14, 06:07 PM
Watched first broadcast.... so poor

wheelers
27-04-14, 06:10 PM
melanie sykes.... does anyone know if she rides a bike? not as good as suzi perry

Wes
27-04-14, 06:56 PM
Think its better than the bbc coverage, but its early days yet.

napalm
27-04-14, 07:11 PM
Its getting better. Seems they brought in Steve Parrish to add some personality to the Sykes / Toseland combo. The old boys doing the race commentary don't seem to drag themselves out of the 80's. Mel Sykes doesn't quite make me want to punch my telly anymore.

Burbler
28-04-14, 03:15 PM
melanie sykes.... does anyone know if she rides a bike? not as good as suzi perry

Both should be on Blue Peter, nonsense token females eveywhere on tv these days.

redken1
29-04-14, 05:31 AM
Both should be on Blue Peter, nonsense token females eveywhere on tv these days.

Well the TV companies still have a long way to go to achieve gender equality as there are far more 'nonsense token' male presenters etc everywhere on our screens.

gibbo
29-04-14, 07:33 AM
Prefer the BBC's effort last year. There's just something missing from BT's programme including any rider who can get even near to Marquez, so at present it's a bit processional. Probably the best to watch are the young lads on Moto3.

wiltshire builders
30-04-14, 01:10 PM
Do you need to ride a bike to be a tv presenter?
I'm pretty sure Murray Walker didn't drive an F1 car to work either.

Rabb
01-05-14, 10:09 PM
I ride a bike
- Can I be a presenter?
I know all the jockeys and their steeds
I am pretty conversant with most of the circuits & I could do with the cash too!