PDA

View Full Version : What to do on a wet weekend

Trev
25-04-14, 09:10 PM
OK, I don't mind riding in the rain but my preference is not a whole day of wet weather riding unless I really have to be somewhere or on something with knobbly tyres so Sunday's run to the Cotwolds and back with my local IAM (aka GS owners club) is now off for me. Question is, do I fire up the NC for some country lane ambling or spend the day in the garage wrestling with the new wiring loom for the Enfield (brand new, all the way from India for thirty quid including P&P so bound to be an exact replica!!) and wrestling the naff, now permanently armed alarm of the Gixer?

I'm leaning towards a day of repairs and fixing, the thought of tinkering in the garage supplied with never ending mugs of tea and home made cake, mmmmmm .........

Brizzer
25-04-14, 09:19 PM
garage would get my vote

Snowy
25-04-14, 10:03 PM
Must go and buy some cake.... :D

DC
25-04-14, 10:33 PM
Garage with tea and home made cake :)

Conehead
26-04-14, 09:11 AM
Garage all the way. Have fun

DaytonaDog
26-04-14, 09:38 AM
Forget the garage, just have tea and cake!!!!!!

Last Train
26-04-14, 09:39 AM
I'm thinking of picking up a paint brush........

:confused:

Florentine
26-04-14, 10:02 AM
Ooh. Did someone mention cake....??

Swanny
26-04-14, 10:24 AM
Cake rules

Mal103
26-04-14, 06:08 PM
Ride to Bournmouth avoiding the rain clouds, stay in hotel, go to restaurant for steak and cake then probably get wet tomorrow going home.....

Trev
26-04-14, 09:17 PM
Ride to Bournmouth avoiding the rain clouds, stay in hotel, go to restaurant for steak and cake then probably get wet tomorrow going home.....

Like it!!!

Having tonight thought I would get a head start on the Enield wiring loom only to find the replacement is absolutely not for my bike (what did I honestly expect!!) I'm now faced with the task I've been putting off for a month, sort the alarm on the Gixer7 and all of a sudden a ride in the rain is looking the better option ; )

Vulcanboy
27-04-14, 05:28 PM
With rain showers forecast for the next week, I thought it a good idea to book a trip to France tomorrow, so I can get well and truly soaked. I take the 2300 ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre and get back on Saturday evening .... better pack my waterproofs and sat nav ( which now works, since I replaced the battery! A bientot. :) Richard

Jon_W
28-04-14, 08:07 AM
Garage with tea and home made cake :)

Sounds good to me!!!!

Trev
28-04-14, 02:48 PM
With rain showers forecast for the next week, I thought it a good idea to book a trip to France tomorrow, so I can get well and truly soaked. I take the 2300 ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre and get back on Saturday evening .... better pack my waterproofs and sat nav ( which now works, since I replaced the battery! A bientot. :) Richard

Have a great trip, I absolutely love riding in France, not jealous at all

Marmalade
28-04-14, 04:02 PM
It's not been so bad despite the forecasts. I went out on the first train friday and back later in the afternoon after going down to Paris and I didn't get wet until I got on the M20.
It rained all the way from there.

--------------------------------
On the road to nowhere