PDA

View Full Version : Local MOT to Marlborough?

WhyNot
23-04-14, 04:40 PM
Hi,

Looking to get the bike MOT'd at the end of May but being new to the area, and to bikes I have no idea where to take it, I also dont want to travel to far as im new to riding. Can anyone recommend a good bike MOT garage who are knowledgable and not likely to take advantage?

Thanks in advance :)

Brizzer
23-04-14, 04:54 PM
steve lynham ist to far from you and easy to get to

WR6133
23-04-14, 05:00 PM
RVS services Ludgershall. It's behind the little Tesco.

wiltshire builders
23-04-14, 05:04 PM
I always use Keith Goldsmith in Devizes. Sometimes he can be a bit too thorough but if you want peace of mind then he's your man.

WhyNot
23-04-14, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys, ill be very suprised if anything comes up, i'll check out these places and book it in, looks like RVS will be more local to me, what could possibly go wrong on 2 roads? :D

WR6133
23-04-14, 05:23 PM
Here's the testers manual http://www.motuk.com/bike/manual.asp . It's pretty easy to check 99% of the stuff yourself. Sprockets, chain and forks are the three a seller likely didn't bother sorting if he punted the bike on a few months before MOT due.

WhyNot
23-04-14, 05:25 PM
He was very accommodating and serviced it before he dropped it off ;) He also did the fork seals

WR6133
23-04-14, 05:36 PM
I told the guy I sold my 125 to that I had serviced it fully, he didn't ask for receipts so he never knew my idea of a full pre sale service was banging some links out of a knackered chain, turning the sprockets round so they looked less worn out, rattle can painting the rust on the frame, loctiting the gear linkage together to stop it falling off (coz I took the screws for my 250) and taping over the splits in the leads that kept arcing on the engine. Super glued the chain guard on too but to be fair the sales photo's had no chain guard so he should have taken that as a bonus.

Not saying your seller did anything like that but I'd take 30 minutes to go through the easier parts of the tester manual before taking it for MOT.

DC
23-04-14, 08:42 PM
I always use Steve Lynham in Swindon,can't recommend him highly enough :cool: