PDA

View Full Version : Ear plugs

Conehead
16-04-14, 10:56 PM
When I use standard ear plugs they hurt my ears so I have bought this tonight.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321252036042?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Has anyone else used these and are they any good?

wiltshire builders
17-04-14, 07:10 AM
I use them for surfing to stop water getting in.
They're pretty good but getting them just right can be tricky.
I prefer standard ones on the bike.

Nelly
17-04-14, 08:45 AM
Iv'e tried a few different ones. But like WB i prefer the standard ones. Just feel right to me.

Conehead
17-04-14, 02:38 PM
i have tried the standard ones but they hurt the inside of my ear with the pressure and dont feel like they are helping with the wind noise which is now becoming an issue for my hearing, maybe I just have fussy ears ;)

shiftyblake
17-04-14, 02:42 PM
I use the attenuated ones that let some sound in apart from wind noise. They are excellent and comfy

Swanny
17-04-14, 10:37 PM
I DON'T USE ANY :p

I was talking to one of the blokes that squirts silicone in your ears and he told me it's the high frequency's that you damage whilst riding a bike, I already blew that part of my hearing away from years of shooting so I don't bother using plugs

Pardon??

Nano
18-04-14, 01:00 AM
I have tried lots of ear plugs over the years ( I work with noisy equipment) I found the best thing is ear defenders, obviously you cant put those in your lid but I can put the rubber bit off an old pair on the inside of your lid. I have a shark speed r and they fit nicely inside this when you don't put in the glasses insert. They fit over the ears rather than in them and as they are squashy they fit nicely. It also stopped the draft around the ears on cold days. Does not seem to effect the misting up, no problems there.

Loyal68
18-04-14, 12:03 PM
Ear plugs? Plugs that go in ya ears??? Sod that! I love the sound of my Vance n Hines!!! Why dampen the sound!!!

Rabb
18-04-14, 02:53 PM
I've already damaged my ears over the years using machinery and having very loud noises next to my ears however, I don't intend for it to get any worse (I like my music too much)
I've bought some Today and I'll see how I go.
Simple and cheap disposable ones to start with....

Goldie
18-04-14, 08:02 PM
I have Sennheisser ear buds. With or without music attached, officer :D I cba with foam earplug thingys
theseclick me hear (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Precision-Isolating-Ear-canal-Integrated/dp/B001EZWO5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397847672&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+cx400) (see what I did there...?!)

Rabb
18-04-14, 10:03 PM
I have those headphones too - however, when I am not wired for sound I really suffer with the bike / wind noise on long rides.
(All of my journeys are usually 45 mins plus at motorway speeds)
Having subjected my ears to many, many rock bands over the years I am starting to notice a loss of hearing which I don't want to increase on.

If I get stopped and I say "Sorry officer, I can't hear you - I am only being honest" !

Swanny
19-04-14, 07:40 PM
Good site here for ear plugs http://www.enhancedlistening.co.uk/Motorcycle-Earplugs/c-1-320/

Wes
19-04-14, 09:38 PM
Ive got some decent plugs but they are only standard type, couldnt ride without them, but ive found that some plugs are longer, and these cause a bit of grief, but the shorter type are fine, i tend only to roll about half the plug, avoiding pushing too far into the ear.

RedSoul
20-04-14, 12:19 PM
I have some noise damage in my left ear so always wear ear plugs now.Use the standard ones as I get them from work but do the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Conehead
20-04-14, 06:08 PM
I was using the Moldex Spark plugs in the link above from Swanny. Gonna give the new ones a try when they arrive and hopefully they will work better for me but I am appreciating the advice. Cheers