PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for reasonably priced summer textiles

DaytonaDog
16-04-14, 02:22 PM
Peeps

Not sure if I have posted this in the right section, so apologies in advance.

I'm off to Europe in the Summer (end of June/beginning of July), and will be visiting Germany (B500), France (Col d'Iseran), Italy (Lake Como and Venice) and travelling back on the Slaaptrein from Kopper in Slovenia. I've been doing a lot of research about what kit to take and what to wear and I had a sudden Eureka moment! I realised in a rare moment of clarity, that it is somewhat warmer in the South of Europe than Blighty and that my Winter textile jacket with no air vents or removable liner probably isn't going to be appropriate for the trip. I do have a set of leathers, but as I now ride a GS as opposed to a sportsbike, I'm wearing textiles. So I'm after some recommendations for some reasonably priced textiles please. I'm on a limited budget, but ideally I'm after something that has some venting on it, and has a removable liner so it also be used in winter. So far I like the look of the Spada Explorer Jacket and trousers.

Cheers

Annie
16-04-14, 05:44 PM
You could try looking in Mega Bikes they always have loads of stuff at fairly reasonable prices.
Try the stuff on though as the sizing is somewhat haphazard.
I bought a French made textile from there a few weeks ago and had to have a XXL !!! I am NOT that big large at most....
I also have some good quality used textiles in the shop (Cobra Leathers). Need to know your sizes and possibly save you a trip if you are interested.
Happy shopping and have a fab trip

DaytonaDog
16-04-14, 05:53 PM
Cheers for your reply Annie

I'm 6ft 1 in tall, and nearly 13 stone. I would probably be a large in a jacket and a medium in the trousers. (34W 32L). Do you have 4 season stuff. I like the idea of having textiles for all year riding, that has removable linings and lots of vents. Something like the Alpinestars Valparaiso Drystar set up. Really like the look of that kit.

Jed
16-04-14, 09:01 PM
I used a Spada Air Pro jacket (which is fully vented, has a zip in/out thermal and windproof liner and a waterproof over jacket) with Kevlar jeans for a tour of France and Spain last year. I also had textile trousers packed. While nothing is going to be perfect this combination worked for me and I would use the same again.

Rabb
17-04-14, 07:19 PM
Spada kit is very under-rated and under-priced for what you get ; it's good kit though!

Shop around on-line and you'll find a bargain!
I recommend the following companies:-
• Lids Direct
• Helmet City
• Sportsbikeshop

All great retailers - shop around there are some great bargains to be had!

Annie
17-04-14, 10:13 PM
Hi ya....I had a look today and I'm afraid I have no textile stuff at all that would fit you.
If you were short and 8 stone you'd be well away :)