PDA

View Full Version : Villagers torture bike thieves

Last Train
15-04-14, 01:28 PM
I like it :D

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-bizarre/amazon-villagers-torture-motorbike-thieves-with-venomous-ants/24828.html#ixzz2ywhIzFbA

Nelly
15-04-14, 01:50 PM
LOL Harsh but fair :)

DC
15-04-14, 02:09 PM
They got off lightly I reckon :)

Trev
15-04-14, 03:30 PM
If my NC Honda is nicked then UK justice will have to do, fine and maybe community service. If my Gixer11 goes, and I find out who had it, then fire ants will seem mild ; )

wiltshire builders
15-04-14, 03:37 PM
On the plus side, they wont suffer from arthritis!

Brizzer
15-04-14, 05:29 PM
good on them my 4k mx bike got stolen and nothing, A kids pink Halfords bike gets stolen and we have pcso posting leaflets through doors about it, bike thieves cant stand them

Swanny
15-04-14, 05:37 PM
Sounds good to me

Col
16-04-14, 01:33 PM
Nice example of people power lol!!!

Jon_W
17-04-14, 03:47 PM
Ouch!

That'll put them off.....

Ducatista
17-04-14, 04:12 PM
I am fully in favour if they were proved to be guilty.
What worries me greatly is this bit

on two suspected motorcycle thieves

I don't know how much due dilligence was done before the torture, but I'd prefer to have a fair trial first.

Rabb
17-04-14, 08:49 PM
I can think of much better techniques of torture that hurt more, over a much longer period of time.

redken1
17-04-14, 09:33 PM
I am fully in favour if they were proved to be guilty.
What worries me greatly is this bit

on two suspected motorcycle thieves

I don't know how much due dilligence was done before the torture, but I'd prefer to have a fair trial first.

I'm with you in part on this one Ducatista., although I don't agree that a punishment of a slow painful torture to death of a convicted motorcycle thief would ever be acceptable in a civilised society. I know most of the posts on this thread are tongue-in-cheek and my bike is without exception my most prized material possession. But, torturing two ‘suspected’ bike thieves to near death because I think they may have stolen my bike would be taking my biking passion a tad too far perhaps. lol
:D

Loyal68
18-04-14, 12:09 PM
They may think twice before doing it again!! Problem solved!!!

redken1
18-04-14, 08:51 PM
They may think twice before doing it again!! Problem solved!!!

"again"? There is nothing in the report which states they stole the bikes in the first place. By definition a "suspect" is innocent until proven otherwise. The problem has not been solved because the relatives and friends of the tortured "suspects" may just decide to take a leaf out of the torturers' book and administer their own kind of justice.

Loyal68
19-04-14, 12:05 PM
"again"? There is nothing in the report which states they stole the bikes in the first place. By definition a "suspect" is innocent until proven otherwise. The problem has not been solved because the relatives and friends of the tortured "suspects" may just decide to take a leaf out of the torturers' book and administer their own kind of justice.

It doesn't, but it'll teach those that think about robbing bikes to think about the repercussions if they stupidly decide to do it!!!
If someone pinched mine...fire ants would be the least of their worries!!!

WR6133
19-04-14, 12:27 PM
I like this. No harmful acids or the carbon footprint of electrical torture. Nice environmentally friendly justice. ;)

Rabb
19-04-14, 12:34 PM
I'm a fan of the electrical wet sponge technique.
- It generally reaches the parts that others cannot reach.

redken1
19-04-14, 04:59 PM
Not sure whether we are discussing justice or revenge on this thread. I'll let others judge. Would we really want to see vigilantes going around distributing punishments without trial to those they suspect of committing a crime. What if it was one of our loved ones on the receiving end? Would you still be ok with that?

Last Train
19-04-14, 05:20 PM
I side with the ants.

Where's their voice, hey ?

Who's looking out for them !

Just because they can't speak as we do doesn't mean they don't have an opinion, a choice !

You're all so rapt up in justice and honesty, right and wrong, good and bad, what about the little man ?

His inerent industry abused, his natural defence mechanism exploited ?

Always forgotten.....

Grrrrr........

Thorkill_The_Tall
19-04-14, 06:27 PM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/588/antsonlygr4.jpg

redken1
19-04-14, 06:48 PM
My posts are in direct response to the content of the Visordown article – nothing more than that. We are not discussing the owners of motorcycles catching a thief in the act and using force to prevent their prized possession from being stolen. We are talking about ‘villagers’ kidnapping two people who they think stole motorcycles, tying them to a tree for three days, allowing them to be attacked by venomous ants until they nearly died and then terrorising their families with a ransom demand of four years the annual Bolivian wage. Everyone is entitled to their view. I don’t believe that nearly taking two human lives because you suspect they are motorcycle thieves is proportionate fair justice. That’s all I am saying.:cool:

Loyal68
22-04-14, 07:08 AM
My posts are in direct response to the content of the Visordown article – nothing more than that. We are not discussing the owners of motorcycles catching a thief in the act and using force to prevent their prized possession from being stolen. We are talking about ‘villagers’ kidnapping two people who they think stole motorcycles, tying them to a tree for three days, allowing them to be attacked by venomous ants until they nearly died and then terrorising their families with a ransom demand of four years the annual Bolivian wage. Everyone is entitled to their view. I don’t believe that nearly taking two human lives because you suspect they are motorcycle thieves is proportionate fair justice. That’s all I am saying.:cool:

And what if these poor poor folk were actually guilty as charged? Do you think the punishment fits the crime? Or would you prefer to see the three receive a jolly good telling off and a bit of compensation? ;0)

Ducatista
22-04-14, 09:08 AM
And what if these poor poor folk were actually guilty as charged? Do you think the punishment fits the crime? Or would you prefer to see the three receive a jolly good telling off and a bit of compensation?

I don't know their culture, so I'm not in a position to judge (perhaps people starve without their access to transport and therefore work).
I'm not against the punishment per se for the guilty, I'm against it for mere suspects.
We know there have been mis-carriages of justice in the UK and that's with our relatively advanced legal system - we've even hung people who were innocent.
I don't have an issue with hanging scumbags, but you need to be damn sure you aren't making a mistake and even with advancecd techniques like DNA it can still be contaminated or deliberately switched.

If that were you or your family and they were in fact innocent and mistakenly taken to be suspects then I'm sure you'd have something to say about it.
Perhaps you'd do something about it and that's how hostilities/wars start.

Nothing against it in principle - if you're 100% sure they did it.

redken1
22-04-14, 10:26 PM
I am not advocating that convicted thieves should go unpunished. The two suspects should have been handed over to the police. It is up to a fair trial in a proper court to determine whether or not a suspect is guilty of an alleged crime and not a lynch mob
IMHO there is no defence for the torture of a fellow human being in a civilised society.

Florentine
25-04-14, 08:04 PM
I am not advocating that convicted thieves should go unpunished. The two suspects should have been handed over to the police. It is up to a fair trial in a proper court to determine whether or not a suspect is guilty of an alleged crime and not a lynch mob
IMHO there is no defence for the torture of a fellow human being in a civilised society.

I agree with redken1 on this one, especially as, after 3 days of torture, the lads didn't fess up and say where the bikes were, (which I would if you just waved a soldier ant at me). This might imply that they didn't know. I'm not sure that handing them over to the police would necessarily have resulted in a fair trial though; as rude as we are about the British justice system, our police and courts are more open and transparent and less corrupt, violent and feared than in South America.