PDA

View Full Version : BikeSaf day at Castle Combe

Takson
12-04-14, 04:05 PM
Just back from the BikeSafe day at Combe, having had a good day.

Assessment ride went well, although it seemed very strange having a police bike following me. I felt very guilty for the first couple of miles! Luckily the feedback for me and the the other chap was positive, with good lines and good vision. COuld always be improved and need to look further up the road, which comes with more practice.

The track session was good fun and and the trials demonstration was very impressive. All in all a good day. Did anyone else go?

Burbler
12-04-14, 04:39 PM
Yep, I had a look around and a coffee - food looked awful.
Huge number of very varied bikes. Passed loads more on my way home as well.

Dabz
12-04-14, 05:12 PM
Did you come and say hi at our club stand mate? Was about 40+ of us there all day :)

Brizzer
12-04-14, 06:49 PM
Yep, I had a look around and a coffee - food looked awful.
Huge number of very varied bikes. Passed loads more on my way home as well.

yea good variation of bikes, but lacking in the food ;) , them victory bikes are a work of art

Dabz
12-04-14, 06:53 PM
Yeh I agree the food was poor - I think castle Combe wanted exclusivity on food in return for it being a free entry show. I refused to pay £20 for 2 lunches and 2 drinks for us (could eat out for that!) and queued 20 mins for a pretty average burger

Brizzer
12-04-14, 06:56 PM
Yeh I agree the food was poor - I think castle Combe wanted exclusivity on food in return for it being a free entry show. I refused to pay £20 for 2 lunches and 2 drinks for us (could eat out for that!) and queued 20 mins for a pretty average burger

I seen the queue and seen the grub so never bothered with it myself.

Brizzer
12-04-14, 06:57 PM
who seen the Batham race bike/rider go round ? :cool: jeez

Burbler
12-04-14, 07:24 PM
He did seem in a bit of a hurry. Crackling and banging was, I gather, the quick-shift gears.

Burbler
12-04-14, 07:27 PM
Did you come and say hi at our club stand mate? Was about 40+ of us there all day :)

40 ?? I did see 4 or 5 suspicious looking characters lurking at the tent but didn't butt in. :(

Dabz
12-04-14, 07:49 PM
Not all at once :p most I counted was 23 at one time. Was a busy old day :)

Brizzer
12-04-14, 08:57 PM
He did seem in a bit of a hurry. Crackling and banging was, I gather, the quick-shift gears.

yea awesome , and his bike seemed a lot more stable at them speeds than just about every other civi riders bike at half his speed, it was awesome to watch even though it was only a few laps and its made me want to watch a bike race event now

MelkshamKwak
13-04-14, 02:18 PM
I popped in for 5mins, seemed pretty crowded at the tent.

Sent from my Q9H using Tapatalk

wiltshire builders
13-04-14, 04:26 PM
I saw loads of bikes heading that way. Quite a few looked as though they could do with a bit of instruction too!
Lots of white line hugging and I saw one group with a KTM practically riding on the curb going down the A420.

Sounds like a top day.

Moo
14-04-14, 12:32 PM
yea awesome , and his bike seemed a lot more stable at them speeds than just about every other civi riders bike at half his speed, it was awesome to watch even though it was only a few laps and its made me want to watch a bike race event now

Not surprising really, Micheal Rutter, multiple Macau GP winner, BSB race winner, NW 200 winner etc etc :) Very nice looking BMW S1000RR, get yourself to Brands Hatch next weekend for the first round of the BSB and see it in action!! I'll be there!!