PDA

View Full Version : Rainy day a blessing

Trev
06-04-14, 10:49 AM
I've managed to get a couple of decent rides over the last few weeks and the wall to wall drizzle and rain today has made my mind up, it's a day in the garage to try and get some of the bikes fixed/ready. I thought this year I would have largest complement ever to choose from but the more you have (especially if older models) the more needs doing! Out of nine bikes I have only 3 I can ride, short list of woes:

Ready to Ride
V50 step thru - MOT'd (tax exempt), rough but ever dependable, ridden regularly but a little limited ; )
MT-03 - MOT'd, good tyres, oil & filter, ACF50'd, cleaned ready to sell (I love it but too many bikes) but now gonna hang until others sorted
NC700X DCT - new PR3's, Oil & filter, all year rider, do it all keeper but doesn't stir the soul

Definitely not Ready to Ride
KDX200SR - owned since I could actually finish a hare & hounds, runs, new tyres + C&S but not MOT'd for 4 years, needs full overhaul
V75 step thru - bought a project/engine donor, still in the lock-up as a project/engine donor!

Was ready to ride but now not.....
Royal Enfiled 500 efi - bought in January for winter fun, new tyres, oil/filter, MOT - a recent top speed attempt saw battery vibrate loose, short on frame and that's when I discovered fuse had been bypassed. Waiting new loom from India in vain hope it may actually be the right one for my bike
GSXR1100K - (another) keeper, over winter new PR3's, carbs stripped, oil/filter, new CS, shock rebuilt, sailed through MOT, oil cooler 'popped' on way home, need to strip , bloody plastics off (again), drain new oil, wrestle with 25 years old banjo fittings and persuade a classic car rad chap to give it a try
GSXR750K1 - put away for winter with nearly new Corsa's, full service by my local top bike bloke, shock rebuilt and new pads, yesterday bloody alarm would not turn off, now immobilised, hated the alarm from day one, now it's definitely for the chop
X7 - stripped over winter for full overhaul, check and bloody good clean, carbs ultrasonic'd, back together apart from carbs, tank, seat & microns (ebay I love you)

I like tinkering but love riding more so the question is, which do I spend the time on first........

Berniebloke
06-04-14, 11:24 AM
Wow - some very nice sounding bike you have there - jealous ��

BB
06-04-14, 04:03 PM
I know what you mean with having a selection of bikes to keep up together :D

Red Zed 1
06-04-14, 04:53 PM
blimey..i thought i was doing well with 4 bikes and a trike..definately got your hands full there..

Trev
06-04-14, 05:48 PM
A good afternoon on the X7 has it pretty much back together apart from the Microns as have left the exhaust bolts in my lock-up with the original exhausts, resisted the temptation to try and fire up with exhausts cable tied on just to hear that sweet sound!
Evenings this week are pretty full (Poole quay Tuesday with MT and a 'For Sale' notice) so not sure I'm going to get it back together for a few weeks now. Still need to take on the task of routing cables and wiring properly (which will be fun as was all over the place from last owner and manual doesn't show routing), balancing carbs, bleeding oil pump and a general check over, I reckon 4 - 5 hours of work still to do, aim is to have it ready for the Hot Cross Bun run although will need a decent test ride before embarking on 100+ mile round trip. Oh yeah and road fund licence : (

DC
06-04-14, 06:20 PM
Saw this rather fine example down at Blade :cool:

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/daddycool42/020620121063_zps8646666c.jpg

Mal103
06-04-14, 06:38 PM
I got my 400 Bandit up to scratch ready for selling, had to do the forks seals last week which delayed the MOT but should get that next week. Also had more time to tinker with the Triumph Sprint after a quick ride-out this morning so quite a good day.

Trev
06-04-14, 06:52 PM
Saw this rather fine example down at Blade :cool:

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/daddycool42/020620121063_zps8646666c.jpg

Thanks DC, looks nice in the period cafe racer get up, mine's not as good nick as that but not bad, same microns. Could do with some polishing, re-chroming and new paint job but didn't want it off the road too long (!) and then be afraid to ride it. Will get some decent shocks for the summer though. I reckon that blue one would go for close to £3k with the ride advert, silly money but probably a reasonable investment