PDA

View Full Version : Some days....

Mal103
27-03-14, 10:58 PM
The other day I tried to pull away twice with my stand down, left my indicators on three times and mis-judged a few bends - either having to brake on the bend or wobbling around as going too slow - it's fair to say we can get "off days".
tonight I had to use my car to pick up my daughter and although I've had a great ride/commute today I drove my car like a complete novice?
i was going to leave a long critical reply to the guy who posted a vid of him going off road but maybe keep quiet....
is it just me....?

Conehead
27-03-14, 11:14 PM
I definately have days like that.

Nelly
28-03-14, 07:07 AM
Yup. Been there done that. I've had days when i set off and it all went wrong. Bad gear shifts, bad timing, slack braking. Even wheelied across bumpers farm roundabout a few years ago with my legs flaying all over the place on one occasion. Yup, i think we've all been there.

badbreed
28-03-14, 07:10 AM
Yea your not the only one.

Burbler
28-03-14, 09:29 AM
Went out and bought a new telly a couple of years ago. Leaving the shop I realised that I had come on the bike not the car !!

Goldie
28-03-14, 11:46 AM
I definitely get days like this. Strangely enough, if I'm riding and I stop, get off and have a wander, when I get back on again, I'm better :)

It does, however, sometimes work the other way around. 385

Trev
28-03-14, 01:03 PM
Went out and bought a new telly a couple of years ago. Leaving the shop I realised that I had come on the bike not the car !!

Quality!

BB
29-03-14, 02:03 PM

Damn - had you forgotten to take a haversack? :p

MayallRob
29-03-14, 02:08 PM

That's one of the best stories I have ever read. Bravo, sir.