PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma. What would you do?

wiltshire builders
23-03-14, 07:49 PM
Last night I got asked to ride this: http://racefit-legend.com/post/76862498600 at Cadwell in september.
I'm not new to the track and have no problem mixing it up on my own bike but this is a one off and has been nearly a year in the making.

I'd love to ride it but I'm not sure I could live with myself if anything happened to the bike regardless of if I was to blame or not.

What would you lot do?

WR6133
23-03-14, 08:02 PM
Do it. It was built to ride why not be the one to ride it.

matthews677
23-03-14, 08:37 PM
they obviously have faith in your abilities and they also know what could possibly go wrong and they are still asking you to ride it. they are accepting the risk and i would personally do it

Conehead
23-03-14, 10:12 PM
As per above comments. Go for it and dont give it a second thought

Rabb
23-03-14, 10:17 PM
As per above......Go for it!
It's been built for a purpose - let it be what it is.

Paintman
23-03-14, 10:26 PM
Do it, push it to the limit and enjoy, its what the bike has been built for.:D

Trev
23-03-14, 10:51 PM
Ride it, wouldn't have been offered if the owner wasn't 100% sure they wanted to. That's a proper bike, I would definitely give it a go although looks a bit beyond my meagre capability, I'd want it for a few sessions to try and get used to it ; )

Enjoy

Swanny
24-03-14, 08:17 AM
Life's for living, go and live

DC
24-03-14, 09:27 AM
They've asked you to do it and they obviously trust you...............It's meant to be :cool:

Grey haired bloke
24-03-14, 10:57 AM
If the owner / builder has every faith in you then why doubt yourself ?
I'm sure as a group you all know the risks as to what could happen and understand that, you've been asked by them to have the honour of being pilot then go for it, if you don't ride it someone else will.

BB
24-03-14, 01:30 PM
Do it! You would always regret not! :cool:

Wes
24-03-14, 05:59 PM
Give it a go, sure to enjoy it :)

Jed
24-03-14, 08:55 PM
People who build race bikes and cars accept crashes etc as being a part of racing. Indeed often seeing a bent bike/car as an opportunity to build it even better next time! As others have said take the opportunity to ride it and most of all enjoy it.

wiltshire builders
25-03-14, 06:51 PM
So it's Unanimous then.
Thanks everyone. It's kinda what I was thinking.

The owner also has a GSXR 1100 L. He said he would let me ride that too but if anyone is going to put it down the road, it's going to be him!

Conehead
25-03-14, 08:40 PM
Now quit worrying and get out there and win.

shiftyblake
25-03-14, 09:15 PM
Ride it, enjoy it, its natural to be worried that you might bend it.... you might bend it but its unlikly

wiltshire builders
26-03-14, 07:03 PM
Now quit worrying and get out there and win.

Woah! It's not a race. It's a classic bike track day.
If I go I'll be sure to get lots of pics as there are going to be some nice machines going.

Scotty
27-03-14, 05:26 PM
It's a shame that I'm crook at the moment otherwise I could have said "I'm Dan and so's my wife!" and stood in for you. Do you think they'd notice?

Trev
27-03-14, 09:41 PM
Woah! It's not a race. It's a classic bike track day.
If I go I'll be sure to get lots of pics as there are going to be some nice machines going.

Where and when? I've a GSXR1100K and would like to see your mates Gixer going round the track - hopefully sunny side up ; )

wiltshire builders
27-03-14, 10:45 PM
It's a shame that I'm crook at the moment otherwise I could have said "I'm Dan and so's my wife!" and stood in for you. Do you think they'd notice?

Its worth a try but the second you put in a quick lap the jig would be up!

redken1
28-03-14, 07:20 AM
C’mon Dan you knew deep down you was always going to accept this invitation – you just wanted to make us all envious. Lol. ;) His little brother, the 550 version was my first bigger cc bike after passing my test in 1979, in road trim of course. I was outside the dealers 2 hours before it opened. Have a great time as life is all about great memories and this will certainly be one for the Grandkids. Did I ever tell you about the time when I………………

GWS soon Scotty.