PDA

View Full Version : possible alarm fault

simongpz
17-03-14, 08:41 PM
has anyone had a similar problem with a cyclone alarm
alarm is fitted to a 1988 jap import zx4 for some reason the bike had broken down twice since alarm fitted with a flat battery
battery is good charging system working fine according to Kawasaki info when alarm disconnected but battery dischargeing as bike being ridden with alarm connected also alarm switches it self back on when it feels like it and going off when not set

Conehead
17-03-14, 09:09 PM
I dont know of any issues other than the usual that any alarm drains batteries.

A thing you could try is to put a hidden on/off switch in the circuit somewhere but this would be reliant on you turning it on after a ride and off prior to one.

wheelers
17-03-14, 09:23 PM
having had to deal with a few alarms , admittedly not cyclone, we get to talk with the manufacturers. generally speaking 10 years is the life of them. they are on the limit of support but when they go, they can immobilise the bike in the most awkward of places. when they start crackling from the speaker or start having problems then they are on their way out. flattening battery is another symptom.

wiltshire builders
21-03-14, 04:03 PM
Get rid of it!
Alarms are a waste of time and money.
Think it's saving you money on insurance? Next time you get a quote try it without and alarm. The difference will be about £50. Compare that with the cost of a decent alarm and you're £350 out of pocket. It'd take 8 years to pay for itself.
Think it'll save your bike? When was the last time you came running when you heard someone elses alarm go off? And as for the imobiliser, thieves don't ride off on bikes. They pick them up, put them in a van and drive off.

I had a similar problem on my GSXR and going alarm free was the best thing I did.

simongpz
31-03-14, 06:16 PM
ive disconnected alarm and had no more problems im going to fit a solalarm instead ive never had a problem with them