PDA

View Full Version : Somerset Arms... NEW biker hotspot?

Somersetarms
17-03-14, 01:07 PM
Hi All!! :-)

My name is Lindsey and I am the assistant manager at the Somerset arms, Semington Wiltshire!

I just wanted to get the word out that we will be hosting a bikers evening every Tuesday night from the 25th of this month.

We have a great selection of drinks available and ample parking space in our front and rear car parks, we will also be providing the following:

Chilli or Curry with Rice

&

Burger and chips for £5.95

Plus tea and coffee for £1.50

It would be great to start getting a crowd together and we look forward to seeing you!!! Any questions please give us a call on 01380 870067

:D:D:D:D:D

DC
17-03-14, 01:41 PM
Welcome to WB Lindsey,Think you'll find a few from here paying you a visit.Good luck with the bike night :cool: Just googling your pub now.

Nelly
17-03-14, 01:42 PM
Welcome aboard. Might take a visit one night :)

Dabz
17-03-14, 01:47 PM
Welcome. Sounds good, I'm up for riding over to check it out one week :)

Trev
17-03-14, 05:00 PM
Hi, thanks for the info Lindsay, good luck with the bike nights. I'm only about 45 minutes from Semington so will pop over one Tuesday night for burger & beer - shandy of course!

stebtech
17-03-14, 05:27 PM
Sweet! Thats one every night of the week if the Tv's crap!

DC
17-03-14, 05:44 PM
Sweet! Thats one every night of the week if the Tv's crap!

What do you mean "IF" the tv's crap :)

Swanny
17-03-14, 06:04 PM
Yea I was about to say Tv's always crap :D

Kopite
17-03-14, 06:15 PM
Hello and welcome. I will pop along one Tuesday.

Last Train
17-03-14, 06:31 PM
Evenin Lindsey

:)

Wes
17-03-14, 07:01 PM
Hi and welcome :)

Somersetarms
17-03-14, 07:12 PM
Thanks everyone... check out our website www.thesomersetarmssemington.co.uk (http://www.thesomersetarmssemington.co.uk) your all more than welcome anytime not just a tuesday ;-) it definitely beats watching TV ;)

Snowy
17-03-14, 07:31 PM
Linky no worky....would it be this one:

http://www.somersetarmssemington.co.uk/

Somersetarms
17-03-14, 07:45 PM
Haha :p DOH!!

Conehead
17-03-14, 08:06 PM
Trev, 45 mins??? Have you moved. thought you were ringwood area? Please dont tell me you have also moved to trowbridge area as I am losing most possible riding partners to the dark side of the world.

WR6133
17-03-14, 08:44 PM
Salisbury - Semington is about 45 mins mate so I don't think you've lost him

BB
17-03-14, 08:45 PM
Sounds worth a ramble out :cool:

Conehead
17-03-14, 09:11 PM
WR6133, I know it is not that far but sometimes I just feel like a local bimble. I still have to hit you up for one. Be careful, your card is marked :)

WR6133
17-03-14, 09:40 PM
WR6133, I know it is not that far but sometimes I just feel like a local bimble. I still have to hit you up for one. Be careful, your card is marked :)

Life and Wife are keeping me busy next 2 weekends but early April just send me a message. Salisbury bike night starts up in April too I was at the Clearway not so long ago and the guy there was ranting on about how good it is (not convincingly) maybe a few of us from this end of the county should check it out?

Toph
17-03-14, 11:59 PM
Hi Lyndsey.. welcome to Wiltshire Bikers..
Be good to get out on a Tuesday!

Trev
18-03-14, 09:26 AM
Trev, 45 mins??? Have you moved. thought you were ringwood area? Please dont tell me you have also moved to trowbridge area as I am losing most possible riding partners to the dark side of the world.

It's heart warming to know I might be missed even though not actually managed to catch up on a ride out ; )

No not moved, still 5 mins from Ringwood but I work in Blandford and, providing I can find it, Semington looks about 45 mins away. Now your bike is fixed we must catch up for a ride out, weekends best for me. I get out most weekends - 160 miles week before last (rare pillion trip for the wife) Dorchester, Bridport, Chard, Gillingham and home, bit less last weekend - Romsey to Mere and zig zag route back. Prefer Sundays but can do Saturdays if nothing else on, given the lighter evenings perhaps a catch up in Salisbury somewhere during the week?

QB1
18-03-14, 09:31 AM
It's heart warming to know I might be missed even though not actually managed to catch up on a ride out ; )

No not moved, still 5 mins from Ringwood but I work in Blandford and, providing I can find it, Semington looks about 45 mins away. Now your bike is fixed we must catch up for a ride out, weekends best for me. I get out most weekends - 160 miles week before last (rare pillion trip for the wife) Dorchester, Bridport, Chard, Gillingham and home, bit less last weekend - Romsey to Mere and zig zag route back. Prefer Sundays but can do Saturdays if nothing else on, given the lighter evenings perhaps a catch up in Salisbury somewhere during the week?

Ringwood to Semington is a bit more than 45 minutes, I'd say more like an hour and 1/2 but a lovely ride and the Somerset Arms certainly used to be a really nice pub havent been for a few years though.

Trev
18-03-14, 12:50 PM
Ringwood to Semington is a bit more than 45 minutes, I'd say more like an hour and 1/2 but a lovely ride and the Somerset Arms certainly used to be a really nice pub havent been for a few years though.

Thanks QB, used to have a mate who lived just outside Devizes and always reckoned on an hour from his back to mine but may be rose tinted memory or just that my riding is now a bit better/safer!

MelkshamKwak
18-03-14, 01:05 PM
A Very short ride from Melksham to Semington.....

Gavuk
18-03-14, 01:19 PM
A Very short ride from Melksham to Semington.....

For me too, haven't been there for a number of years,probably since they changed the road lay out,

if the weather is nice ,i'll pop in,can we get tea ?:D

Swanny
18-03-14, 05:40 PM
Hi Lindsey do you do veggi burgers??

Annie
18-03-14, 06:36 PM
Evening Lyndsey.....hope all goes to plan with bike night :D

Vulcanboy
18-03-14, 08:56 PM
Hi and welcome to WB .... :rolleyes: Richard

Mal103
18-03-14, 09:43 PM
Hello and welcome, I can't make the normal meet on Wednesday nights so this would be ideal. If not then we are often out on a weekend.

Somersetarms
19-03-14, 03:53 PM
Hi All!!

Thanks for all of the response I hope to see you all soon! your more than welcome to come by for lunch or tea any day but obviously Tuesday will be the night with the Chilli and Curry deal.

I can cater for veggies so no problem there and we are situated in a pretty idylic location so hopefully the ride for you all will be a pleasant one :-)

Really want to make these nights successful so your support is appreciated!

Thanks again
Lindsey

Swanny
25-03-14, 06:27 PM
I might pop along tonight and try the Ruby Murry
Bit wet out there though

Beamer
25-03-14, 07:59 PM
Hello and welcome to WB

All the very best for your bike night.....don't be disheartened if its a quiet start, as the lighter nights approach you will probably notice an increase in bikers

Ive always liked the Somerset Arms so will venture over at some point

Are you able to put any signs up on the roundabout directing any biking traffic from the A350 ?? That might help any 'non-locals' out on an evening pootle find you....just an idea :-)

Aubz
26-03-14, 07:39 AM
Looking forward to coming down :-)

pluggedinpete
27-03-14, 05:22 PM
Its just off my commute, so I will pop in soon!

Swanny
08-04-14, 08:52 PM
I went along tonight hoping to see a few others but no one was there :confused:

Somersetarms
09-04-14, 12:41 PM
Hoping it will pick up when it starts getting warmer :-) it will be a continual evening so please keep coming along

WhyNot
09-04-14, 02:59 PM
I'll hopefully come along to this at some point this month :)

Senna(Dan)
11-04-14, 01:01 AM
Bit of a trek for me, but when I get a day off I shall pay a visit with the rest of WB.

3 hours is a killer round trip if I don't finish work until 5.

Sins
11-04-14, 08:43 AM
As the evenings get warmer and lighter I'm sure things will pick up..I'll definitely be giving it a go.. Satnav say 49 mins...mmmm we'll see about that..lol..

Swanny
15-04-14, 06:12 PM
Anyone going tonight?

Somersetarms
21-04-14, 02:39 PM
Weather should be ok tomorrow!!! come on down :-)