PDA

View Full Version : IAM ride out -

Trev
16-03-14, 08:52 PM
I don't usually ride in groups preferring to travel at my own pace or with one or two good friends however decided it was about time I caught up with my local IAM group again and hooked up for a level 3 'progressive' ride today. Just over 140 miles, only 3 other riders (Triumph 955, 1050 Tiger and a GS1200) and the lead rider (thanks Mike, nice route) set a decent pace.

Took the NC700X and it held it's own well and I had no problem keeping up although did have to click into Sport mode a couple of times ; ) The NC's blend of instant power, balance and easy going handling was perfect for this type of ride and once again got a couple of the guys questioning their need for a bigger, more powerful bike. I did point out that probably underpowered for two up, longer distances but really depends on how often you want to travel at 85+ and go for those tight over takes.

I peeled off before the end of the ride out as they heading back to the start point 20 miles past where I live and had a great half hour riding tiny back lanes, dodging pot holes, gravel and pheasants over Cranborne chase, certainly not the roads for a sportsbike.

It was such a nice day that once I'd refuelled with a coffee and spot of lunch I took a quick spin on first my old GSXR1100 and then my Yam MT-03. The big Gixer always puts a smile on my face and is a keeper, a proper bike. Trouble is the NC covers everything the MT does, and more besides and does it better (apart from wheelies :D ) without being quite so much fun. I just don't get enough time to ride all my bikes and it's the MT I just can't see me getting out on much - time for a fleabay ad and see how much interest I get.

Happy riding, keep it safe