PDA

View Full Version : New biker friendly pub.

Demonbaker
25-02-14, 06:00 AM
Hi Everyone. Not been around for a while as we have been busy at the Bakery (But that's another story). If you find yourself near Pewsey and your looking for food and drink, you could do worse than stopping at the Woodbridge Inn at North Newton on the A345 between Pewsey and Upavon. The pub has just reopened and is run by an old mate of mine. Richard and Cathy are both bikers and would make you most welcome.

Nelly
25-02-14, 08:14 AM
Good to hear. Always nice to get more options in the summer months.

DC
25-02-14, 02:09 PM
Have been there a couple of times on the bike,good pub !!! :cool:

shiftyblake
25-02-14, 10:51 PM
Sounds nice, on the round about If I remember, good luck to them

Mal103
12-03-14, 03:56 PM
Just had lunch their as we are both off today, really friendly welcome and superb food!

WR6133
18-04-14, 07:15 PM
Sorry to dig up an old thread but having been I thought I'd report on the place.

Food is very good. Wife had the burger and chips which was the best burger I have tasted in a long time, portion was pretty generous too. I went with Ham, eggs and Chips again nice though maybe a little stingy on the chips (I wished I'd ordered the burger). Pricing was ok too at £9 for the burger and £8 for the ham, seeing as many local cafes demand near £7 for a mid sized badly made fry up I think they priced well enough. Wife had a chocolate brownie with fudge ice cream for dessert which was presented on the plate in a way you'd expect from a fancy restaurant not a country pub, it tasted awesome too.

Drink, I was riding so on the Pepsi and the Mrs didn't indulge. For soft drinks I thought their prices were a bit mental, £3 for a pint of Pepsi. If you like your ale they are a Wadworth pub so I didn't see much beyond that on the taps when it came to ale.

Pub itself is very pleasant, a bar area and a restaurant area. All nice and light and reasonably decorated. Music was soppy old chick tunes. The couple running it are polite and welcoming. Huge sunny beer garden with a decent size kids playground and nice views. Car park to the rear the solid area is small the main part is a thick layer of chunky gravel that is a nightmare for bikes and requires something to bung under your side stand. There is room to the front of the pub where you could park a few bikes though.

I'd say a great place to take a loved one or meet up with friends for a drink/bite to eat. Probably not somewhere to include in a beer soaked rally of Wiltshire though (the pubs décor makes it obvious they don't get wild once the sun drops). Good roads around we had a pleasant ride to Marlborough after.

gibbo
20-04-14, 08:35 PM
Hi Everyone. Not been around for a while as we have been busy at the Bakery (But that's another story). If you find yourself near Pewsey and your looking for food and drink, you could do worse than stopping at the Woodbridge Inn at North Newton on the A345 between Pewsey and Upavon. The pub has just reopened and is run by an old mate of mine. Richard and Cathy are both bikers and would make you most welcome.

Yes, visited the Woodbridge Inn yesterday with the missus for a drink. We were the only bikers there, but there were other customers. Probably go back there for the Sunday Carvery (£11 adults, £6 children) and try the game of boules. Was made very welcome by the landlord and worth a second visit.

Toph
20-04-14, 10:33 PM
I went there a month or so ago, nice pub, Wadworths ales, and the landlord was a nice guy, rides a 1200 bandit.
Definitely worth a visit.

WhyNot
21-04-14, 07:39 PM
I went to the antelope today in upavon, they were more than happy to have three bikes parked up the front of the pub, food was awesome too!

wasted_ace
22-04-14, 04:37 PM
May give this place a lookin...cheers for the heads up mate ..