PDA

View Full Version : mot advice

Red Zed 1
20-02-14, 11:21 PM
any mot testers out there..advice please..front brake hoses on my cx500 trike,have had some mods and paintwork done,can i secure the hoses to the forks with cable ties or do i need to use brackets..

Mikkie1986
21-02-14, 09:50 AM
Just spoken to my testers.

As long as they cant get caught up in anything or dont restrict steering movement they are fine.

A couple of cable ties arent recommended but would secure a pass on the brake lines if your worried.

;-)

wheelers
21-02-14, 09:55 AM
fine for now but if you look in custom catalogues you can buy billet ones to improve looks

Red Zed 1
23-02-14, 12:34 AM
thanks guys..it is only going to be temporary,until i can sort a more permanent solution.

Brizzer
23-02-14, 01:47 AM
Just spoken to my testers.

As long as they cant get caught up in anything or dont restrict steering movement they are fine.

A couple of cable ties arent recommended but would secure a pass on the brake lines if your worried.

;-)

who would you rekomend to take a bike to for a MOT, as I will be getting mine back on the road soon.

Mikkie1986
23-02-14, 08:42 AM
Blade or bike treads in Swindon :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gibbo
23-02-14, 10:54 AM
Blade or bike treads in Swindon :-)

Agree, I take mine to Bike Treads, and they usually do it straight away without an appointment.

DC
23-02-14, 02:15 PM
who would you rekomend to take a bike to for a MOT, as I will be getting mine back on the road soon.

Steve Lynham :cool:

matthews677
23-02-14, 05:36 PM
whilst we have an MOT thread going, my bike has the FI light permanently lit up at the moment due to the butterfly valve in the exhaust stuck open. is this an MOT fail?

Mikkie1986
24-02-14, 08:38 PM
Momma not sure... I wouldn't have thought so but don't know and will ask the MoT testers tomorrow ;-D

WR6133
24-02-14, 08:53 PM
whilst we have an MOT thread going, my bike has the FI light permanently lit up at the moment due to the butterfly valve in the exhaust stuck open. is this an MOT fail?

Shouldn't be it's not mentioned here http://www.motuk.com/bike/7-1.asp#Menu_Top

You'd be surprised what you can get away with and pass an MOT. I passed my last one with debaffled, unmarked pipes and a bent gear linkage where I had to use a leatherman and a hammer infront of the garage to put the bike in neutral (dropped bike and bent gear linkage day before MOT), they just put an advisory as "Gear linkage slightly loose".

Ade
25-02-14, 07:31 AM
Steve Lynham Motorcycles.

Red Zed 1
25-02-14, 06:29 PM
always had good service at q-tech in chippenham for mot,(they dont do trikes however)

Gavuk
25-02-14, 10:20 PM
I used Motarc in Melksham, called them up day before new years ,Trev came down New Years Eve at 14:00 opened up just for me, and you get a cuppa while you wait :).

Called him last week for another bike,1 day later another pass,and another cuppa,top marks !

Rabb
26-02-14, 12:29 AM
Phil Stokes in Westbury.
Sound guy - always makes me feel at home (Tea e.t.c. Whilst I wait)
I had my valve clearances checked (he cleaned my air filter & plugs as an extra - which he didn't charge me for)
Lots of knowledge and skill - he even re-spokes wheels
I Heartily recommend Phil