PDA

View Full Version : Bennetts bike insurance - consider using Compare the Market too!

QB1
19-02-14, 03:16 PM
My bike insurance is due for renewal I always shop around and on Compare the Market the cheapest quote was from Bennetts at £88.90.

I was very happy with that but out of interest though I'd just see what the quote would be going via Bennetts own website. I input EXACTLY the same details and the quote was £207.33!

I called Bennetts to query this, they confirmed the premiums quoted were for exactly the same cover. The lad I spoke to said ''yeh it often happens that way...''

So if you are checking out insurance and get a quote from Bennetts website might be worth going to Compare the Market too.:rolleyes:

WR6133
19-02-14, 03:30 PM
Sell the free toy with compare the market too some can get a few quid. I got the baby oleg toy just as it came out this year and recouped £35 selling it on.

Dabz
19-02-14, 03:45 PM
Strangely mine was the opposite way round - I got a quote from compare the market, but then went direct to Bennetts using quidco, got a cheaper quote and also £25 cashback. It's amazing how every one is different...should be made to be kept simple in my opinion - one price for one cover

wiltshire builders
19-02-14, 07:38 PM
That quote of £88 will be the bare minimum mind you. I paid a little more and got the full shizzle.

Same story with my van. I said I was leaving and they miraculously dropped the price by £60!

Dabz
19-02-14, 07:51 PM
Yeh I was quoted £80 but ended up spending an extra £49 for the works - helmet/leather, legal, personal injury, breakdown