View Full Version : Everyone!

StreetHippo
16-02-14, 03:35 PM
Reckon everyone was out today!!
I was!

Stu

Wes
16-02-14, 06:01 PM
Seen a few , didnt manage it myself but it was a crackin day :)

mikesouthby
16-02-14, 07:15 PM
First ride out today for some time... managed to get 150'ish miles on the clock.

Bring on the summer..!

8_ball
16-02-14, 09:13 PM
'twas a nice day and saw a far few bikes myself, im not arrogant by my neck and back hurt so sorry to all those that I did not nod to, I did a few and it was to painful to continue the Churchill insurance impression

Trev
16-02-14, 09:20 PM
Yup me out too. I installed PunctureSafe in my NC700X and put a dozen or so miles on it to move the gunk around, couldn't detect any imbalance or vibration so hopefully okay. Then home to try my Royal Enfield out on a dual carriage way in anticipation of a trip to France in a few weeks.

Riding the bikes back to back really showed up just how much a modern bike has improved, even a budget one, over the RE. Despite the fact that the RE is the 09 model with UCE efi motor, disc brake and electric start it feels very different to the DCT equipped NC, suspension is very crude, brakes although adequate are wooden in feel and obviously power is well down. Having said that the RE was a laugh to pilot around sunny Bournemouth, kept it in a high gear and chugged around and parked up right next to the beach for a cuppa and a sarnie. It held an indicated 65 easily on the carriageway and even 70-75 was okay although a lot more vibes, given that it pulls top from less than 30 I will be going up a tooth on the front sprocket when my new exhaust arrives.

All in all a nice couple of hours biking, roll on the summer!!

Brizzer
16-02-14, 09:20 PM
:cool:

shrinkingviolet
16-02-14, 09:35 PM
Didn't manage to get out but my day had a bike theme, as went with a mate to purchase a Triumph. Retail therapy by proxy!

Also watched a biker to a get you home repair job with parcel tape, that was funny.

Saw lots of bikes out, finally feeling like the season is about to begin :-)

Conehead
16-02-14, 09:48 PM
Finally fixed my bike and managed to get a small 30 mile test ride in. I think this is the smoothest my bike has ever been.

grene-knyght
17-02-14, 08:59 PM
Saw a load of bikers out on Sunday, too. Really odd having a window of great riding weather in between gales and floods! Yep I agree, it does feel as though the season is about to kick off after that!

Swanny
17-02-14, 09:10 PM
I hope Sunday wasn't our summer :confused:

8_ball
17-02-14, 09:22 PM
Saw a load of bikers out on Sunday, too. Really odd having a window of great riding weather in between gales and floods! Yep I agree, it does feel as though the season is about to kick off after that!

the eye of the storm

ST2589
18-02-14, 07:14 PM
(Thought i better actually start posting in the forum)

I was out, first time in about 6 months!.... And subsequently got hit by an oblivious fool on the big roundabout at melksham.

Pinned me against her car and pushed me over to the right, but no damage and im still alive!

Other than that was a nice day :)

Conehead
19-02-14, 08:54 PM
(Thought i better actually start posting in the forum)

I was out, first time in about 6 months!.... And subsequently got hit by an oblivious fool on the big roundabout at melksham.

Pinned me against her car and pushed me over to the right, but no damage and im still alive!

Other than that was a nice day :)

Good to hear you are ok. Some people just dont look

Wes
19-02-14, 09:33 PM
Yep there are about, glad you are ok tho