PDA

View Full Version : Better have a look !

XJ
14-02-14, 01:42 PM
Afghan heroes threaten legal action, after request where the money goes !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/andrew-penman-afghan-heroes-charity-3139335

Nelly
14-02-14, 02:46 PM
If that's true then there is a lot to answer to!

Grey haired bloke
14-02-14, 03:08 PM
I know this has been an on going concern for many people and things had got quite bitter, hence the split with the Ride of Respect bods but for it to still be going on seems even more concerning, my thoughts are, if your accepting charitable donations from any open source then you should surely be just as open to show all accounts for monies recieved.

Sins
14-02-14, 04:34 PM
As an ex member of the forces I remember that this came up years ago... "The Help for Heros" Charity received huge amounts of money from the public.. The committee that runs HFH decided to give some of the money to other Charity's of their choice.. Which rightly offended a huge number of people who wanted their money to be used solely to help ex servicemen and/or their families..after all it was where they had intended to money to go.. many publicly said that if they'd know it was just going to be "given away" they wouldn't have given it in the first place...

Seems they're being even more close lipped about it now...

WR6133
14-02-14, 04:51 PM
Only Forces charity worth a penny is the Legion. When I fell flat after getting out they helped get me back on my feet, mostly with information, they definitely stopped me drifting down a path that would have entailed further stays at her majesty's pleasure. The others.... if one of their executives was on fire I wouldn't waste a drop of my urine to extinguish them, the fact this one can't account for where donations went doesn't surprise me infact I bet it's the tip of the iceberg.

wiltshire builders
14-02-14, 06:26 PM
Only Forces charity worth a penny is the Legion.

Couldn't agree more. Why are there so many organisations collecting for the same cause?
If they're so concerned why don't they raise money on the legions behalf?
It's obvious they're skimming off the top I just never imagined it'd be that much.
Sickening.

Swanny
14-02-14, 06:56 PM
Charity's

http://www.thejay.com/wp-content/idolmatrix-neomouth.jpg

Senna(Dan)
15-02-14, 11:06 AM
I have stepped away form Help for Heroes due to them giving away large amounts to charities of their choice.

I give money to the Legion adn give up my spare time the bike exprience.

Mal103
15-02-14, 07:39 PM
I lost interest in h4h after finding out they were reluctant to extend the help to ex-servicemen who had lost limbs and were struggling. Not sure if there was loads of truth in that report or if that has changed though.

ST2589
18-02-14, 07:23 PM
I was a friend of Lee Scott's and think its a bit of an insult to his memory for this kind of thing to happen.

What could they possibly be spending the money on? Surely not advertising?

Moo
19-02-14, 04:42 PM
Guys, just be sure that you have facts to back up any statements you make on a public forum in case anybody takes offence. The thread started off on Afghan Heroes but has morphed to H4H. I have no connection with either by the way.

Moo