PDA

View Full Version : Suspension set up (Preload etc)

Berniebloke
12-02-14, 08:15 PM
Hi Folks

Does any fellow WB member know how to properly set up preload etc and would be willing to help me set up my VFR. I want to try and make sure that it is properly set up for me. I have done some reading up but just got totally confused and have come to the conclusion that I need some help before I start trying to adjust things and mess it all up.

Ta in advance

Wes
13-02-14, 05:53 AM
I have had both my bikes set up by Mark at MH suspension, hes based in lower seagry near Chippenham and does an external set up for around £45 www.mhracing.com

Berniebloke
13-02-14, 07:32 AM
Thanks Wes, will look him up once the weather improves

QB1
13-02-14, 10:09 AM
I think they normally have someone doing suspension set-up at the Castle Coombe Bike Safe might be worth going to if you arent in any hurry?

Last Train
13-02-14, 10:12 AM
Some good reading here

Motorcycle Suspension Set-up (http://www.gostar-racing.com/club/motorcycle_suspension_set-up.htm)

Wes
13-02-14, 04:50 PM
I think they normally have someone doing suspension set-up at the Castle Coombe Bike Safe might be worth going to if you arent in any hurry?

Yep thats Mark mate :)

Dabz
13-02-14, 07:35 PM
Another vote for MH Racing here :)

Berniebloke
13-02-14, 08:35 PM
Thanks everyone, I will certainly arrange to pay them a visit once the weather picks up again.

Love this forum by the way - full of helpful people and there is always someone who will point in the right direction.

Genuinely appreciated

Thanks again

Last Train
14-02-14, 11:52 AM
Do you not have, or can you get an owners handbook ?

I have the handbooks for a couple of my bikes and there is a suspension set up page in there.

Or perhaps a PDF on a VFR forum ?

Berniebloke
14-02-14, 02:01 PM
Do you not have, or can you get an owners handbook ?

I have the handbooks for a couple of my bikes and there is a suspension set up page in there.

Or perhaps a PDF on a VFR forum ?

Yep got the hand book. Maybe I am just having a "senior moment" but can't get my head round it properly. After the previous pointers given I think I would be happy to pay MH racing around £40 to set it up properly for me and hopefully educate me a bit at the same time

Last Train
14-02-14, 02:28 PM
:cool: