PDA

View Full Version : First pillion

Mal103
09-02-14, 09:58 PM
Although I passed my full bike test years ago I had a big gap in riding and have recently felt confident enough to take a pillion, just so happens that my kids were really keen but I said wait until I was 1000 percent confident back on two wheels first, then my mrs decided it would be cool to have a ride out now and again.
today we found ourselves in Bristol Fowlers buying a lid and trying on jackets, gloves etc, also drooling over the Triumphs...
when we got home we went for a ride and both enjoyed/coped well, I found it was just like riding a heavier bike and took it easy just like riding on wet slippery roads. Plenty of summer plans on the way....

DC
09-02-14, 10:13 PM
Nice one Mal , good that the Mrs is getting into it with you :cool:

Sins
09-02-14, 10:19 PM
Makes life easier when the other half joins in ... Fingers crossed it's the start of a new adventure for you both..

MayallRob
10-02-14, 09:36 AM
My girlfriend came on the back of my bike within the first few days of me purchasing it because I was young and stupid and wanted to show off, but two years later she's on the back of the bike for about half of my journeys, so it feels as natural with her on the back as it does without. She's definitely the best pillion I've had, she knows how to position herself and what to do. I've had some awful people on the back before that completely put me off-balance!

Her nephew keeps asking for a ride on the back, but as hes only five I won't be taking him until he's much, much older! So I completely get the whole 'not taking your kids until you are 1000 percent confident' thing.

I am slowly getting her into bikes, too. We're off to the London MCN Motorcycle Show on Saturday :)

shiftyblake
10-02-14, 10:34 AM
My wife has an aversion to my motorbiking. She goes mad also seeing people take children on the back. It suits me fine as I have a peaceful ride, at my own pace.

Wes
10-02-14, 05:40 PM
Single seat conv for me , so no pillions anyway :)

Brizzer
10-02-14, 06:19 PM
Single seat conv for me , so no pillions anyway :)

good idea , as I cant get out no more without the wife wanting to come and its no fun with a pillion on a small sports bike ;)

Swanny
10-02-14, 07:27 PM
Much more fun without a pillion :D

wiltshire builders
10-02-14, 09:24 PM
I found it was just like riding a heavier bike
Please tell me you didn't tell her that?!!!!!!

Mal103
10-02-14, 10:44 PM
In a more diplomatic way.... I refrained from joking about doing lots of wheelies as we'll ;)

Goldie
10-02-14, 10:58 PM
I used to be the pillion, now i can't stand it. Took my then 17 year old son out on the back of me and he crapped himself, the other one, who was 15 at the time wont even get on the back of me, doofus. My daughter loves it though, she was 9 when i first took her out on the back :)

Senna(Dan)
11-02-14, 01:29 AM
Single seat as standard on the Senna. Trumpet has got a single seat conversion.

Caz will happily come out for a gentle ride with me. It is very difficult not to wind on when we get to the open roads because it is quite easy to get over excited.