PDA

View Full Version : Lucky boy

SupeRDel
06-02-14, 08:13 PM
A mate of mine died in the 70's when he went under wheels and the bike went straight on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ExR1Ki1Gpww

Swanny
06-02-14, 08:20 PM
Looks like he's got no faith in his tyres and their grip levels

Snowy
06-02-14, 08:37 PM
Read elsewhere that the biker sued the lorry driver..... luckily the driver had the video evidence.

Last Train
06-02-14, 09:02 PM
Youch !

pilninggas
06-02-14, 10:10 PM
You know he could have made the turn, his mate did.

Conehead
06-02-14, 11:13 PM
Looks like he panicked. Yeah he did try and sue the truck driver but it was dismissed cause of the camera evidence. The plonker did not realise he had a camera.

SupeRDel
06-02-14, 11:18 PM
Lots of trucks and delivery vans are having cameras fitted. Its a insurance requirement.

One day everyone will have to have it fitted and if you make a claim you will have to submit the 5 minutes film before the accident

Just wait and see

Toph
06-02-14, 11:25 PM
horrific!

Rabb
07-02-14, 08:04 AM
Very Lucky Boy!
The principle is 'outside to inside' he could have made that corner at that speed if he had not 'freaked out' mid corner
If you watch more experienced bikers they would have darted to the inside track at the mid-point of the bend.
Brakes on - bike stands up and your going straight on wether you like it or not!!!

Sins
07-02-14, 09:09 AM
He couldn't ride..going too fast for his skill level.. Got transfixed by the lorry. And messed up.. Obviously it had to be someone else's fault!!!!.. Idiot..

I remember watching one of the those "Helicopter Hero.. emergency biker things" last year.. The commentator said "After the break we'll be at the science on a major accident involving an experienced biker".... What was the accident.. Well this experienced biker had gone blasting around a country lane in a tourist area in the height of summer and ridden into the back of a caravan.. The road was dry and as we the viewer travelled in the ambulance you could see across the bend and see the caravan before you got to it.. Mmm just because you've had a bike for years doesn't make you a good rider..

njl
07-02-14, 09:16 AM
That is scary to watch.

With the hedge I'm thinking he's only seen the truck a second or so before impact, and looks far to close to centre line as the bike comes into shot, I wonder if had nothing been coming the other way if he would have stayed right side of the road or not.

Possibly a graphic example of target fixation?

It looks to me like the left leg is out and foot off peg while the bike is up, before crossing the centre line, as if an instinctive reaction to bail out has kicked in, rather than to tighten up and get round. There are some natural instincts we want to coach out of ourselves.

shiftyblake
07-02-14, 11:46 AM
Thats a lesson learned. It was a **** bit of riding really. He wasn't even lent over very far and had plenty to tyre left. Immediately locked the front wheel up. He was riding way to close to his mate too. Possibly trying to catch up. I think that accident is a very difficult one to have !!!!

jack930
07-02-14, 06:37 PM
another link. with commentary

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/motoring/motoringnews/biker-survives-headon-collision-with-truck-11363871648307

Swanny
07-02-14, 07:00 PM
WTF is a lorryist??? :confused:

Killer Rat
07-02-14, 08:07 PM
Very Lucky Boy!
The principle is 'outside to inside' he could have made that corner at that speed if he had not 'freaked out' mid corner
If you watch more experienced bikers they would have darted to the inside track at the mid-point of the bend.
Brakes on - bike stands up and your going straight on wether you like it or not!!!

I thought that too. A sharp bend with no limit of observation should mean slowing down and squaring it for faster acceleration out of the corner.

I really should get rid of my 'L' plates!

DC
07-02-14, 09:26 PM
I thought that was a pothole just coming out of the bend :( By the way , love all the experts on here !!! :p

Killer Rat
07-02-14, 10:03 PM
so, if it was the pothole that caused his off...why try and sue the lorry driver? surely he should be suing the highways agency?

DC
07-02-14, 10:31 PM
Yeah suing The lorry driver would be a bit ridiculous , but look at the film again at the point where he starts to lose control and freeze it , when the lorry shunts him back towards that spot and freeze it again , you can clearly see where it started to happen . When a film like that is posted on here some folk are too quick to shout what a knob he should have done this or he should have done that and unless you're actually there or him you wouldn't have any idea what went on , like I said , love those experts !!! :p

Swanny
08-02-14, 12:57 AM
But obviously not a nice person or he wouldn't have tried to blame the lorry driver for what he definitely knew was his own fault. I wonder who he would have tried to blame if there was no one else involved? From my level of expertise it looks like he ignored the chevrons, ran wide because of his excess speed, saw the pothole then ran out of talent :p

How did he manage to drop it anyway?? Did he panic and slam on the front brake??

SupeRDel
08-02-14, 08:53 AM
it was dismissed cause of the camera evidence. The plonker did not realise he had a camera.

Riders need to be aware that the camera is not there just by pure chance - Insurance companies are insisting on them being fitted.
Next it will start being requested on all vehicles and not long after that vehicles will have them built in.

Then at scenes of accidents the police will ask for witnesses and find the vehicles behind will all have video evidence