PDA

View Full Version : Result - Potholes

Rabb
06-02-14, 03:08 PM
After weeks of my complaining via email and phone (& local councillor) the following enormous potholes are going to be repaired.

1. B3105 (both junctions) the road past Nestle factory and also the right turn junction towards Bath.
This is being done Tonight (weather permitting)

2. Heytesbury roundabout - should be done in the next 2 weeks.

I have managed to do this through sheer determination and not giving up ; despite having a few obstacles put in my way!

Power to the people....!

Conehead
06-02-14, 03:24 PM
Well done. Can you get the rest done please ;)

Nelly
06-02-14, 03:32 PM
Well done mate. We all bitch about the roads but very few of us actually get into it. Clarence hates me ;)

QB1
06-02-14, 05:19 PM
Just seen this going to give it a try-
http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/10993109.Keep_Wiltshire_pothole_reports_coming_in/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Killer Rat
06-02-14, 05:23 PM
http://www.fixmystreet.com/

i reported a road in chippenham through this site and within 3 weeks they started to repair it.

Swanny
06-02-14, 07:32 PM
After weeks of my complaining via email and phone (& local councillor) the following enormous potholes are going to be repaired.

1. B3105 (both junctions) the road past Nestle factory and also the right turn junction towards Bath.
This is being done Tonight (weather permitting)

2. Heytesbury roundabout - should be done in the next 2 weeks.

I have managed to do this through sheer determination and not giving up ; despite having a few obstacles put in my way!

Power to the people....!

Excellent well done I hate that bit. I came through it tonight it's unreal
I'll have a look tomorrow morning

Rabb
06-02-14, 07:41 PM
I'm going to check Tomorrow morning and if it's not done I will
be on the phone again!
I am not willing to put up with this any longer.

Swanny
06-02-14, 07:49 PM
At the moment you need a 4x4 to drive over it

Rabb
06-02-14, 07:57 PM
I'm going to get to work on the rest now.
But, I can't do it on my own - phone the council and you get a better response than email

Wes
06-02-14, 08:01 PM
Good on you mate, did the same with a pothole in my road and it was fixed in a couple of days.

Rabb
06-02-14, 08:14 PM
Good on you mate, did the same with a pothole in my road and it was fixed in a couple of days.

Lets see if we we can get them all fixed as it's obviously a 'Hot Topic' at the moment.
My next challenge is the resurface of the A350 out towards the crematorium - virtually no Tarmac left and gauges like tram lines over a mile stretch - that will be my mission Tomorrow (Might have to use a pseudonym now though) as I've stirred up a hornets nest.

Let's get these councils working with us.....
It's our money after all!

Mal103
06-02-14, 10:27 PM
Well done, i'm guilty of moaning about it but not complaining, most of my commute into Bristol is littered with holes - a few of them are really painful if sat too close to the petrol tank....

I will endevour to make notes on where they are and get calling/emailing etc.

Rabb
07-02-14, 08:13 AM
Well done, i'm guilty of moaning about it but not complaining, most of my commute into Bristol is littered with holes - a few of them are really painful if sat too close to the petrol tank....

I will endevour to make notes on where they are and get calling/emailing etc.

Yeah - I have suffered from Petrol tank grind too - it hurts!

Get complaining - but remember do it in a nice friendly way and youll achieve results
- If you go in all guns blazing - the person at the other end of the phone will close off - and won't be interested in resolving it!

Swanny
07-02-14, 07:52 PM
I'm going to check Tomorrow morning and if it's not done I will
be on the phone again!
I am not willing to put up with this any longer.

They have taken the top covering off of the road which has made a massive improvement already :)

Rabb
09-02-14, 11:54 PM
They have taken the top covering off of the road which has made a massive improvement already :)

Thanx Swanny - I didn't get chance to get down there the other day.
Glad they've started to get it sorted finally.
I'll have a look Tomorrow afternoon.
Thnx for the update!

Rabb
09-02-14, 11:58 PM
The Highways Agency is also sorting the A350 roundabout at Heytesbury too - Bugger me I'm on a roll!!!
(They are even closing the road to sort it properly!!!)

Swanny
10-02-14, 07:02 PM
Thanx Swanny - I didn't get chance to get down there the other day.
Glad they've started to get it sorted finally.
I'll have a look Tomorrow afternoon.
Thnx for the update!

They haven't done anything since, it's still just top covering removed. The roads are in a terrible state everywhere. They were talking about the amount of money we send to India in aid which they don't want. Why can't they spend that on fixing our roads??

DFID has sent more than £1 billion of UK taxpayers’ money to India in the last five years and is planning to spend a further £600 million on Indian aid by 2015.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/9061844/India-tells-Britain-We-dont-want-your-aid.html

Indian definately doesn't need the money they even have a space program.

I read somewhere that it would cost £2.4 Billion to put our roads right. But if our lot fix them they'll be broken again within 5 minutes. Better off getting the French to do it, they know how to make good roads.

Swanny
13-02-14, 08:38 PM
They resurfaced the junction today :D
Looking forward to late night runs down from Woolley Green again now :cool:

Rabb
14-02-14, 08:14 AM
I am glad it's sorted now.
I am a happy bunny now - and I will phone to thank them Today for sorting it.