DC
04-02-14, 11:52 AM
Nice reminder thanks :cool:

Sins
04-02-14, 04:31 PM
Great ad... Well worth a rerun....

Rabb
04-02-14, 08:14 PM
Tame by comparison to my usual journeys to work!

mikeapm
04-02-14, 09:26 PM
Seeing that tractor sent a shiver down my spine - wrote my first bike off on the side of a tractor - he just didn't see me. (apparently that's what he told the off duty policeman who was following me at the time). I was 18 and only been on the road for about 3 months so a bit green. Luckily hit the front wheel and got thrown onto the verge the other side of the road. No serious injuries but a lesson I never forgot.

shiftyblake
05-02-14, 08:57 AM
I had my first and only bike accident with a tractor too ! 16 years old on a 50. Did the classic, overtake and he had no indicators due to either mud or not hooked up. It turned right. Luckily being young I bounced down the road unscathed but the bike was written off.
Lesson 1 - Dont overtake next to a right turn !!
Lesson 2 - Indicators or lack of them are not a reliable prompt for a vehicles movement.
Lesson 3 - Get good armour
Lesson 4 - Take the blame ha ha

Seeing that tractor sent a shiver down my spine - wrote my first bike off on the side of a tractor - he just didn't see me. (apparently that's what he told the off duty policeman who was following me at the time). I was 18 and only been on the road for about 3 months so a bit green. Luckily hit the front wheel and got thrown onto the verge the other side of the road. No serious injuries but a lesson I never forgot.