PDA

View Full Version : New sticker required

Mal103
14-01-14, 09:53 AM
Warning!
This motorcycle may slow down on bends when the roads ara frosty/icey, it should be no surprise as that's what happened on the last bend!
Please do not try to overtake me when I am accellerating out of the bend as you may end up having to cut me up or have a head on collision with the on-coming traffic.
Basic physics should tell you that bikes can't handle bends as fast when the road is slippery, it's all to do with friction and inertia so the rider will be looking to reduce speed before the bend, there is a red light warning when this occurs!

Or just maybe "Back off!"

Had a few drivers this morning like this.... not a lot of space for stickers but could do with something.

Swanny
14-01-14, 10:14 AM
A car drivers purpose is to kill all motorcyclists :rolleyes:

Mal103
14-01-14, 11:33 AM
The journey got better the other side of Bath as an Ambulance had to push its way through the traffic and parted all of the cars for me... :)

Followed then all the way into Bristol - even keeping to the limit...

MayallRob
14-01-14, 01:41 PM
Took the car to work this morning, and it was probably the first day in ages where I didn't see a single biker the whole way there. Obviously too icy for most people. I know I wouldn't have dared risk it.

That's mental that people were trying to overtake you coming out of the bends though.

Swanny
14-01-14, 03:06 PM
I found some black ice this morning whilst out in the van. Pretty dodgy out there take care

8_ball
14-01-14, 07:31 PM
I had one of the best rides for ages around mid day up through bruton to go to yeovil, it was magical. nice and steady

Rabb
14-01-14, 08:00 PM
I was out at 7:00am - The bike was sliding around like a "Waltzer"
I don't mind it doing that as it reminds me that I'm Alive!

Some main A roads were definitely NOT gritted last night.
I feel a council complaint coming on.......
I am now away to email them!

Mal103
14-01-14, 08:21 PM
Then i got totally soaked on the way home... some days....

still more fun than driving though ;)

Rabb
14-01-14, 10:48 PM
Yep - Me too