PDA

View Full Version : Watch Out For Thieves In Tidworth

WR6133
06-01-14, 01:34 PM
Just a heads up for any members in Tidworth that may keep their bikes outside there maybe some (wannabe) bike thieves around. Twice in a few days now I have found my covers tampered with and my locks show a clear attempt to move them to ground level as if to attempt to smash them, I keep the chains tight enough they cant get the locks down though (alarms are off due to high winds).

Conehead
06-01-14, 03:28 PM
That sucks. I hope they dont get yours.

WR6133
06-01-14, 03:43 PM
That sucks. I hope they dont get yours.

I've now tied enough alarm mines to them both that if the bikes are moved as much as an inch it's going to sound like the opening salvo's of World War 3

MayallRob
07-01-14, 10:42 AM
That sucks, sounds good what you've done with the alarms though! I think I need to beef up my security a bit...

Swanny
07-01-14, 03:44 PM
I wonder what nationality these scum bags are?

WR6133
07-01-14, 04:54 PM

If their local it'd be Chavistani

Vulcanboy
07-01-14, 05:16 PM
Hmmm! I think it takes only a few seconds to lift a bike into a waiting van. It's got to be attached to an immovable object and possibly be tagged with a hidden GPS/Text location device. Though, two bikes chained together ought to do the trick. Richard :(

the_lone_wolf
09-01-14, 12:20 AM
Given that the vast majority of crime in the UK is committed by white UK nationals, I'd say that's as good a guess as any to start with... :)