PDA

View Full Version : Here they come

Swanny
31-12-13, 06:20 PM
Sold out! Flights and buses full as Romanians and Bulgarians head for the UK

One airline has even doubled number of flights to meet demand

Some one-way tickets are selling for up to £3,000 each
Buses leaving Bulgarian capital of Sofia until January 9 are fully booked

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2531440/Sold-Flights-buses-Romanians-Bulgarians-head-UK.html

When controls imposed in 2005 are lifted tomorrow, 29million from the two countries will gain the right to work in Britain.

Yes I know it's from the daily mail but do you think they are exaggerating on this??
Call me racist if you like but I really don't want these people in my country, I see no benefit to us and our country by them being here.
As far as I'm concerned we already have far too many Polish her.

Happy new year everyone :mad:

Hondafan
31-12-13, 06:28 PM
Do. Not, Get me. Started!!

Mal103
31-12-13, 09:04 PM
No, just realist...
A business I know in Warminster is constantly plagued by agencies offering Polish workers, one criteria for the job is to speak English so they get told no! Next there will be other EU's but don't worry we won't give them any of our taxes for the first few months...

wiltshire builders
01-01-14, 11:25 AM
There are many reasons why this is horse sh#t but the main one is....... This isn't your country!

pluggedinpete
01-01-14, 03:13 PM
its all a load of bollocks

Swanny
01-01-14, 03:33 PM
Someone told me that there are now more people living in the UK that were born outside it than those born here.
It's certainly not the England I grew up in.

Hondafan
01-01-14, 03:52 PM
People are like household fittings

They are either Radiators or Drains

One is welcome, the other we already have too many of.

Swanny
01-01-14, 04:22 PM
The people of this island have spent thousands of years trying their hardest to repel invaders but now they can freely walk across our boarders.

It gets worst

Hundreds of thousands from outside EU could head for UK in passport loophole

Bulgaria and Romanian offering passports to non-EU citizens
Romania has offered citizenship to four million Moldovans
Meanwhile Bulgaria has handed 90,000 Macedonians passports
All will be able to come and work in the UK under EU rules

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2531995/Hundreds-thousands-outside-EU-head-UK-passport-loophole.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/31/article-2531995-0F7F8D5A00000578-932_634x374.jpg

England is finished

Marmalade
01-01-14, 05:41 PM
I was under the impression that if a Turk for example got a Romanian passport they would still need a visa to travel to European countries.

The Turk that runs the burger van on the A338 just south of salisbury has a UK passport but needed a pile of visas to drive across France, Germany, Slovakia etc.

--------------------------------
On the road to nowhere

Trev
01-01-14, 06:38 PM
Typical Daily Mail cobblers but does serve as reminder why I never buy a national newspaper in case I am ever tempted!

Dabz
01-01-14, 07:00 PM
Typical Daily Mail cobblers but does serve as reminder why I never buy a national newspaper in case I am ever tempted!

Yup, there's so little fact or research in the dail mail's journalism it's unreal

WR6133
01-01-14, 07:32 PM
I was under the impression that if a Turk for example got a Romanian passport they would still need a visa to travel to European countries.

The Turk that runs the burger van on the A338 just south of salisbury has a UK passport but needed a pile of visas to drive across France, Germany, Slovakia etc.

That Turk is confused/stupid my wife is Chinese but needs no visas to travel Euroland on her UK passport

Rabb
01-01-14, 11:29 PM
Oh Swanny, you are so mis-guided.
Don't believe everything people tell you.

Jon_W
02-01-14, 10:00 AM
That's actually so sh*t it's almost funny!

Swanny
02-01-14, 10:05 AM
I certainly don't believe the main stream media but I do believe my eyes when I see foreigners everywhere in my home town. It happened with the Poles so I see no reason why it's not going to happen with the Romanians and Bulgarians. So easy to dismiss something as BS just by applying the "Oh it's in the dailyfail so it's rubbish"
I agree that the daily mail is a rubbish newspaper but so are the rest of them, there are 6 main media corporations that control almost all of our news.

Dabz
02-01-14, 10:13 AM
You'd probably be surprised but many of the "foreigners" you see are probably 2nd or even 3rd generation British born. That's certainly the case in Trowbridge anyway.

When you look at the actual statistics, more immigrants pay taxes than receive benefits too, so they're actually contributing to the country.

Swanny
02-01-14, 10:32 AM
Sorry but that's bollocks I know what I see, I've lived in this town most of my life.
So you actually think it's a good thing that we are being invaded? Haha

Jon_W
02-01-14, 10:35 AM
There are a lot of immigrant poles in Trowbridge as well as the older ones, probably 50/50 split. Mind you that hasn't done the town any harm. The polish shops are better that smoe of the supermarkes, I find the poles friendly and hardworking, rarther them than some of the local drag-arses!

Dabz
02-01-14, 10:51 AM
Sorry but that's bollocks I know what I see, I've lived in this town most of my life.

Sorry, forgot that challenging your views is a waste of time :) Happy New Year! :cool: ;)

Jon_W
02-01-14, 11:52 AM

Invaded by what? Come on Swanny facts and figues please, not just innuendo.

Swanny
02-01-14, 12:24 PM
Do your own research and wake the feck up

Dabz
02-01-14, 12:34 PM
steady..keep it polite..he was only asking for substance to your claims

wiltshire builders
02-01-14, 12:56 PM
There's a lot of talk of "my country" and "my town"
What makes you think that these things belong to you exactly?

You are British by nothing more than pure luck. You didn't earn it, had to make any sacrifices or pass any tests.

Swanny, you seem to be very fond of telling us to question authority, that we are all free and equal and that we cannot be confined by the rules and regulations imposed on us by governments.

So who was it that carved up the land, forced us to be identified by the country we were born in, instills fear of people from other countries and encourages through properganda and by example, hatred of these people?

You are a hypocrite of the worst kind.
The press use stories like this to create a smoke screen for the big corporations and governments to keep your eyes away from what's really going on.
Amazon dodged paying tax on 7 Billion pounds last year, Google 2.6 billion, Apple 8 billion, British American tobacco 4.6 billion.
I know I don't need to explain to you how the media is a tool of these companies. It's their advertising that keeps them running and their "donations" that fund the political parties.
So how you can feel justified in posting these comments when you're actually playing into their hands is beyond me.

I'm not buying it.

Swanny
02-01-14, 02:28 PM
I hear what you are saying and I understand what they are doing but I really don't like the way things are changing around me.
I'm posting these things as I grew up in an entirely different country to the one I live in today and it saddens me to see the way things are changing. They say if it wasn't for the men and women who fought in WW2 that we would all be speaking German now. Seems to me that would be better than speaking Polish. And what's next? Which country will they open the borders to next? Albania, Africa or Russia maybe??
I've traveled to many countries and have always shown respect for the people of those lands by trying to speak their languages and respecting their customs but the new people that are here seem to have little or no respect for anyone other than themselves. I have a Polish friend that I chat to on another forum and she says Poland is a much nicer place since the crap (her words) has moved to the UK

Thankfully I don't have kids

Shaun_L
02-01-14, 06:38 PM

I've done some research, your most likely to be invaded by Elves or Dwarves living in the Shire. Those of us in the real world will be mixing with polite young people trying to build a new life. At least that's what I see when I go down Town, I find it quite heart warming. But then I'm one of those bloody Anarchists you read about in the papers.

Snowy
02-01-14, 07:07 PM
Sorry - couldn't resist shamelessly nicking this from another site......

Weather warning

Met Office Issues Severe Whether Warning

The Met Office has issued a severe whether warning today as the UK faced being engulfed in a flood of speculation about whether or not billions of Romanian and Bulgarian immigrants were about to invade our shores. As wave upon wave of endless reports of swan molesting immigrants pounded the media and press, the shores of Blighty looked at risk of disappearing beneath incomprehensible lies, bull**** and scaremongery.

Within the last 24 hours alone, reports of record breaking inches of news attention were recorded falling throughout the UK with no verifiable basis or justification. Compounding the situation, a tsunami of frothing drivel is said to be sweeping the streets of many UK towns and villages as apoplectic Daily Mail readers poured their diatribe and rage onto unprotected passers by and public.

Fears that services such as the NHS could not cope with the deluge of high blood pressure brought on by the severe news front were not alleviated despite assurances from Bulgarian spokespeople stating they had no intention of travelling across Europe to attend Britain's food banks as they were too busy skiing at resorts in Bansko and staying in their reasonably pleasant country cottages.

"Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate!" ran one Mail editorial for almost 37 pages continuously with some rather threatening pictures of random people of slight Romany appearance backed by statistics and graphs they had made up just before printing.

Swanny
02-01-14, 07:21 PM
Time will tell

Trev
03-01-14, 10:35 AM
For sure not all of the people coming to the UK will be as desirable as we would like but if the influx from Romania and Bulgaria proves to be, on the whole, as positive an experience as with the Polish people who came here then bring it on. From the Polish pilots who stood beside us in WW2 through to the more recent newcomers looking to build a better life and, in turn add, to our economic prosperity it's as far from an invasion as I can imagine.
We have two Polish couples working with us in our business and they are a joy to know and work with, both have settled here, bought properties, pay their taxes and are bringing up their families with a strong work ethic and focus on being positive members of the community. Hopefully it will encourage a few more 'proper' English people to do the same and be less reliant on others sorting their life out for them.
If all else fails then we at least now have the option of upping sticks and making a fresh start in Romania or Bulgaria ; )

wiltshire builders
03-01-14, 01:11 PM
I have a Polish friend that I chat to on another forum and she says Poland is a much nicer place since the crap (her words) has moved to the UK

Thankfully I don't have kids

You say you don't want Poles, Bulgarians and Romanians here yet you're friends with a Polish woman.
So she's alright but it's the rest that are no good?

My problem with your and the Daily Mail's views is the sweeping nature. Would you have the nuts to say all blacks should get out?
In this day and age it'd be unthinkable and rightly so.
We now laugh at the previous generations fear of "dark skinned invaders".

If you worry about them splitting comunities then might I suggest you try being more welcoming so that they feel like an integral part of it rather than forcing them to seek out their own countrymen.

The tone of your posts firmly seem to be GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT!

Oh and just so you know I'm not just playing devils advocat here, my girlfriend is 1st generation Iranian.
She came here 12 years ago and payed her way through university and a masters degree in engineering science by working several crappy jobs.
She has EARNED the right to be here by both paying in and giving back to this country. Its a shame more of the "Natives" couldn't do the same.

Kevinb
03-01-14, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Swanny;458066]I hear what you are saying and I understand what they are doing but I really don't like the way things are changing around me.
I'm posting these things as I grew up in an entirely different country to the one I live in today and it saddens me to see the way things are changing. They say if it wasn't for the men and women who fought in WW2 that we would all be speaking German now. Seems to me that would be better than speaking Polish. And what's next? Which country will they open the borders to next? Albania, Africa or Russia maybe??
I've travelled to many countries and have always shown respect for the people of those lands by trying to speak their languages and respecting their customs but the new people that are here seem to have little or no respect for anyone other than themselves. I have a Polish friend that I chat to on another forum and she says Poland is a much nicer place since the crap (her words) has moved to the UK

I'm not a great fan of some foreigners like I'm not a great fan of some workshy 'British' people. You say if it wasn't for the men and woman in WW2 well some of these men and woman came from Poland to fight the Germans along side British people. Their descendants have stayed here and I've grown up with Polish people. Yes some are coming over here to earn money to send home and few are here for benefits which can't be said for a lot of British people who leach the system.
The thing I find upsetting is a lack of integration from all sides

Swanny
03-01-14, 02:11 PM
I'm not saying anyone should get out, I'm saying don't let anymore in. I'm far from racist but I am a culturalist if there's such a thing. I don't like seeing our culture being watered down like this, I also don't like what the Brits have done to Spain. I imagine the Spanish are pretty pissed off with seeing a Red Lion cafe on every street corner or every resort.
I have Polish friends that I've known since school and they feel the same as me. Yes I have a Polish friend that lives in Poland, why should that mean I don't want anymore Poles coming here?
She told me to come to Poland as it's a nicer place now.

If anyone wants to experience the welcoming nature of the Polish in Trowbridge pop down to Issac's nightclub at the weekend and spend the evening in the Polish section, you can't miss it it pretty much covers the back part of the club and has no English people in it.

I've worked and paid my taxes all my life so I guess that means I've EARNED the right to say I'm unhappy about what's happening in my home country.

wiltshire builders
03-01-14, 05:18 PM
You may say our culture is being watered down I call it evolving.
People bang on about how great this country was.
You know what made it great?
The invaders!
The Vikings, the Romans, The Normans.

Great countries are built on immigration. It allows us to learn and adapt.
30 years ago the only Indian restaurant in this area was in Bath. Now Indian food is more popular than fish and chips.

Trowbridge was a sh#t hole long before the poles moved in and I really hope David Cameron isn't going to base his immigration policies on what goes on in Isaacs nightclub but you could see what he says.

Long John
03-01-14, 09:43 PM
Just a thought, but whilst we all wonder about them, us and who's coming from wherever. There real problem is the fact there will be too many people in the UK. Immigration is a quick fix to the crumbling stat pension pots, where the pyramid system will eventually fail. Short term fix whilst there's enough work to ensure the taxes from the masses are sufficent to support the benefits bill. All great and the spin is always plentiful to support any argument, however when will the UK be full ? To retain the life style and freedom we currently enjoy, can this country support 80 / 90 / 100+ million people. I'm sure somebody has probably already worked out the algorithm to this problem, but it will probably be lost in the race debate until it's too late.

Hondafan
03-01-14, 11:54 PM
I think the problem is that Benefits has now become a lifestyle choice for too many people.

Stop unskilled immigration and then start to remove the benefits from the scroungers.

I bet you will suddenly find that work becomes a more attractive option for many, thus removing the "need" for eastern European migrants.

Sadly no government has the balls to make such a decision.

BTW I am currently unemployed.

Grey haired bloke
04-01-14, 07:48 PM
The thing is Hondafan that currently there are MORE people in employment and claiming benefits, than there are people unemployed and claiming benefits, so even if all scroungers were forced back into some type of employment it won't change the bigger picture, benefits will still be claimed by low paid wage earners, that's the people forced into some kind of work.
That then begs the question, who or what is a benefit scrounger and how do you identify them and deal with the problem, you will still be paying out a huge amount of money in the form of benefits when they are forced into working?
Is it time for the government to stop subsidizing low wages in the form of in-work benefits?
Do the government force companys into paying decent living wages?
Will those companys then leave Britain?

Having worked for many years with many eastern europeans, I have to say that very few if any have ever had any intention of claiming any benefits even if they could, without doubt the majority that come over here are young, aiming to work hard, save hard and own property back home with their savings, I think we as a people in our own land ( if that's the right phrase ) are brainwashed by the attitudes of those who have come before us and change is always difficult for some to accept.
There are some current immigration issues that I'm not happy with, but like the rest of us, the only opportunity I have to make my voice heard comes around at the ballot box.
And that opens another can of worms :D
I now have a headache and remember why I don't like politics.

Hondafan
04-01-14, 08:04 PM
The thing is Hondafan that currently there are MORE people in employment and claiming benefits, than there are people unemployed and claiming benefits, so even if all scroungers were forced back into some type of employment it won't change the bigger picture, benefits will still be claimed by low paid wage earners, that's the people forced into some kind of work.
That then begs the question, who or what is a benefit scrounger and how do you identify them and deal with the problem, you will still be paying out a huge amount of money in the form of benefits when they are forced into working?
Is it time for the government to stop subsidizing low wages in the form of in-work benefits?
Do the government force companys into paying decent living wages?
Will those companys then leave Britain?

Having worked for many years with many eastern europeans, I have to say that very few if any have ever had any intention of claiming any benefits even if they could, without doubt the majority that come over here are young, aiming to work hard, save hard and own property back home with their savings, I think we as a people in our own land ( if that's the right phrase ) are brainwashed by the attitudes of those who have come before us and change is always difficult for some to accept.
There are some current immigration issues that I'm not happy with, but like the rest of us, the only opportunity I have to make my voice heard comes around at the ballot box.
And that opens another can of worms :D
I now have a headache and remember why I don't like politics.

Genuine Question

Have you ever spent any time Working in Romania?
I have

Not good!

Swanny
04-01-14, 08:11 PM
Care to share your experiences?

When I was in Prague I was told that almost all the prostitutes were Romanian

FJ_Biker
04-01-14, 09:25 PM
Genuine Question

Have you ever spent any time Working in Romania?
I have

Not good!

I have work with Romanians in my last two jobs and found them to be fine

What we must remember is most Romanians will not leave their country. Briton is not the first port of call for them either. Italy and Spain are their preferred choice.

Political parties can put whatever spin they like on this but Briton is not going to stop immigration as it provides cheap labour. The political parties cannot afford to lose the donations given to them by the companies who use the labour.

I must admit I am not pro immigration for the simple fact I believe our Island is full, we just do not have the land mass to support it

Can't help you Swanny this was a service I did not use when I holidayed in Prague, Maybe all the Czech people are over here nicking our jobs

Hondafan
04-01-14, 10:13 PM

Not on a public forum but suffice to say that I wouldn't ever go back.

Corruption was a way of life at EVERY level.

WR6133
05-01-14, 12:50 PM
It's not just immigrants milking this country. I have a neighbour who claims as an unemployed single mother, that would be ok except for the fact the father of her child and partner lives with her. This guy earns enough that he just replaced his Chelsea tractor (2010 plate) for a brand new one, he literally just a minute ago walked in to the flat carrying a 1500 quid TV! She works cash in hand as a hairdresser from her home. To be honest I prefer an immigrant that is at least honest about coming here to claim!

When the system is so broken that raping it has become a national pastime it's hard to complain when that becomes an international pastime.

Swanny
05-01-14, 01:02 PM
Can't help you Swanny this was a service I did not use when I holidayed in Prague, Maybe all the Czech people are over here nicking our jobs

If you visit again make sure you check out Goldfingers but don't take the wife with you. If Romanian women look like the girls in that club then I welcome them :p

Swanny
05-01-14, 06:25 PM
So much for the idea of them paying taxes on their earnings here.

How EU migrants avoid tax in UK

Romanians and Bulgarians can work in the UK but pay taxes at home at a lower rate

Romanians and Bulgarians coming to work can avoid paying taxes in Britain because of a loophole.

Instead they can pay taxes at home where basic rates are much lower.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10551151/How-EU-migrants-avoid-tax-in-UK.html

redken1
05-01-14, 09:32 PM
Allow me to offer up three points on this thread, Firstly, there are millions of UK citizens (passport holders) living/working freely in other counties in all corners of the world. It is difficult to give exact figures, (research shows conflicting stats) but many do not pay UK taxes, yet return to enjoy the benefits like free health care and schooling for their children. Secondly, not including the NHS and pensions, welfare state benefits are a spit in the ocean in terms of the drain on the public purse compared to the lost revenue from tax avoidance and more serious evasion. In the main, these are big corporations with wealthy lawyers and accountants. Thirdly, two of the most costly state benefits are working tax credit (WTC) and housing benefit. Housing benefit is paid to the landlord and not the tenant who may or may not be employed. Most of these landlords in the private sector are wealthy owners of at least more than one property. WTC is awarded to the employees of some of the richest foreign companies in the world and is paid irrespective of their profits. Is it right that we as taxpayers should subsidise the wages of companies which can afford to pay their directors footballer salaries and avoid paying UK taxes by exploiting clever avoidance schemes? We need to top looking for soft targets to blame for our current plight. The Daily Mail is a great read if you are not one of any of the following, Gay, a socialist, a republican, unemployed, under 25 years of age, single parent, black, Polish, Romanian, Bulgarian, a Muslim, a woman.

Trev
06-01-14, 08:50 AM
{ Trowbridge was a sh#t hole long before the poles moved in and I really hope David Cameron isn't going to base his immigration policies on what goes on in Isaacs nightclub but you could see what he says. }

This made me laugh out loud on a Monday morning, thanks ; ))

Julie_S
06-01-14, 09:27 PM
Trowbridge has had a Polish population for a long time as one of the largest refugee/resettlement camps during and after the 2nd World War was in Keevil.

I'm loving the positive racism/discrimination going on here...so Poles are nice hard working people? What about the drug takers, thieves and occasional rapists/murderers we sometimes hear of? Oh shock horror, turns out every other nation is just a mirror of our own with a cross section of good, bad and indifferent (sadly I think the last group is the one I fall into!) this rubbish peddled goes both ways! The Daily Mirror is racist.... mainly put about by Guardian who tell us we are all racist (unless of course we read the Guardian) Anybody who believes a nation produces a particular sort of person is a fool.

My view? low skilled workers shouldn't be admitted into this country in large numbers as they are never going to put in more than they will cost should they have several children, retire at 65, then live to 90 that is not their fault just a mathematical fact, I am not complaining as these jobs need doing so that is a price worth paying. Unfortunately whilst our home bred underclass insist it is their birth right to sit on their backsides all day at our expense purely by choice it is going to take 3 hard working Poles (say) in average jobs to pay taxes just to bring in enough to keep one family in the style they are accustomed. People are coming here to work to fill gaps that shouldn't have been there in the first place, opting out of working for a living should not be a choice.

The only problem I have with this is people disappearing into the black economy and the huge numbers of people involved. Too many people from one place settling in another place is never good for the host country and is not nice for the original inhabitants who then feel like foreigners in the town which they were born and bred in, that doesn't make them racists.
Damn Labour, damn the European Parliament

Swanny
06-01-14, 09:56 PM
Well said

redken1
06-01-14, 11:01 PM
When will people wake up to the fact that full employment and an end to immigration will never happen in a capitalist system governed by capitalist governments (Labour and the Conservatives here in the UK)? Immigration and unemployment provides global capitalism with its “reserve army" forcing workers’ wages down which in turn increases the profits for the capitalists.

The Financial Times (FT) wrote that globalisation means Western capital now has access to low cost labour in countries that were previously closed off to it: "That vast reserve army of low wage labour is always there in the background, the curse of over supply condemning employees to accept what they are offered."

The capitalists talk a good talk when they say that increased profits mean higher wages for the workers, but they don’t walk the walk in reality. If that were true why is it that the gap between the rich and poor widens year on year and will continue to do so under the current system. The masses are turning to food banks in their droves whilst the number of millionaires continue to grow. Migrant workers taking up low-paid work is one of the essential pieces of the modern capitalist jigsaw.

wiltshire builders
07-01-14, 01:37 PM
I'm loving the positive racism/discrimination going on here...so Poles are nice hard working people?

That's not been said. All people have posted is a defence to the sweeping statements that THEY (never "some" or "one I know") are not welcome here and lazy.

The Daily Mirror is racist.... mainly put about by Guardian who tell us we are all racist (unless of course we read the Guardian) Anybody who believes a nation produces a particular sort of person is a fool.

(It's the Daily Mail on trial here. The mirror is just a sh*t left wing paper that fills it's pages with pictures as they have no decent journalists)
Anybody who doesn't think a nation produces a particular sort of person is a fool. You cant change generations of breeding and natural selection over night. Obviously this has been reduced due to mass migration and interbreeding but the fact remains that certain cultures has a natural disposition towards certain characteristics.
You just need to look at the world of sport to see the difference.

is not nice for the original inhabitants who then feel like foreigners in the town which they were born and bred in, that doesn't make them racists.
]
Yes it does. Pre judging someone purely based on that persons nationality is racisim.
Again this is a natural trait in EVERY human being. Fear of the unknown predates modern civilisation and is part of our natural defence.
Because different cultures act/look differently to our own (see earlier comment) and we don't understand it we are naturally wary.
We all do it but in todays society it is deemed unacceptable and IS racist.
Keep in mind that the term "Racism" is a man made definition of our natural instincts.
I'm not saying that all racism is wrong. Sometimes we do need to listen to our instincts especially when traveling abroad.
I just think that there a re a few people on here who don't seem to understand what racism actually means.

WR6133
07-01-14, 02:16 PM
Yes it does. Pre judging someone purely based on that persons nationality is racisim.
Again this is a natural trait in EVERY human being. Fear of the unknown predates modern civilisation and is part of our natural defence.
Because different cultures act/look differently to our own (see earlier comment) and we don't understand it we are naturally wary.
We all do it but in todays society it is deemed unacceptable and IS racist.
Keep in mind that the term "Racism" is a man made definition of our natural instincts.
I'm not saying that all racism is wrong. Sometimes we do need to listen to our instincts especially when traveling abroad.
I just think that there a re a few people on here who don't seem to understand what racism actually means.

I don't think you understand what racism means or at least you are confusing/blurring race and nationality which are 2 very different things

Dictionary definition of racism

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races

It's based on race not nationality. So having a dislike for your nations culture being eroded away by culture brought by waves of immigrants from other nations is in no way racist. It maybe culturalist (if there is even such a word/thing) but it is not racist.

Of course the nanny state loving peons like to label any dissent based on immigration as racism due to the fact everyone is so terrified of being labelled racist they know it shuts up the dissent toward immigration policies that are present in many people.

Birdylegs
07-01-14, 02:17 PM
Im going charge them for english lessons how much to book the h&c on a wensday night ;-)

wiltshire builders
07-01-14, 02:55 PM
I don't think you understand what racism means or at least you are confusing/blurring race and nationality which are 2 very different things

No they aren't.
Race covers a multitude of things including, but not exclusively, nationality, language and geographical origins.
If you form a dislike of anyone purely based on their nationality, their religion, the colour of their skin or their political and cultural beliefs then you are defined as being a racist.
It's confusing but I hope I've explained it well enough.

I've never understood this national pride rubbish.
All it does is hold the country back.
Language and technology is constantly evolving but we seen fixated with this notion that old is best. It's killed our industry because by the time we finally embraced new ideas from foreign lands it was too late.

Forming a dislike for someone that you percieve (or in the case of a Daily Mail reader) have been told is causing it then acting on that feeling is racist.

wiltshire builders
07-01-14, 02:59 PM
Im going charge them for english lessons how much to book the h&c on a wensday night ;-)

Are you trying to be ironic?

"I'm" "English" "lessons." "How" "wednesday" "?"

Can you spell idiot?

WR6133
07-01-14, 05:00 PM
No they aren't.
Race covers a multitude of things including, but not exclusively, nationality, language and geographical origins.
If you form a dislike of anyone purely based on their nationality, their religion, the colour of their skin or their political and cultural beliefs then you are defined as being a racist.
It's confusing but I hope I've explained it well enough.

I've never understood this national pride rubbish.
All it does is hold the country back.
Language and technology is constantly evolving but we seen fixated with this notion that old is best. It's killed our industry because by the time we finally embraced new ideas from foreign lands it was too late.

Forming a dislike for someone that you percieve (or in the case of a Daily Mail reader) have been told is causing it then acting on that feeling is racist.

Ok well then by your definition, I am a racist because I think that mass low/no skilled immigration is simply watering down this countries culture for little tangible benefit.

Though as I'm married to a Chinese woman I must be a very confused racist.

Vulcanboy
07-01-14, 05:36 PM
Wow! 'Wot' an interesting debate to have on a bikers web forum ... :rolleyes: I never realised what a bunch of intellectuals, us bikers are. Even the lefties amongst us have some poignant comments to make. So, here' mine ..... We don't need to worry about all this immigration stuff, because, after the next election, UKIP will be showing the Conservatives how to deal with the matter ... they may even invite Labour or the Conservatives to join them in a coalition, if they fail to get a majority. Now there's a thought! Richard

Snowy
07-01-14, 05:37 PM

Will you be going? :)

wiltshire builders
07-01-14, 05:44 PM
Ok well then by your definition, I am a racist because I think that mass low/no skilled immigration is simply watering down this countries culture for little tangible benefit.

Though as I'm married to a Chinese woman I must be a very confused racist.

1) The definition I gave is the actual definition. If it's not what you thought it meant, well at least you learned something today.

2) All racists are confused. I've yet to hear one say anything intelligent without then ruining it with a load of bollox.

3) Judging someone purely based on their usefulness to you just makes you an arsehole not a racist.

WR6133
07-01-14, 06:13 PM
makes you an arsehole

I hold a infinitely lower opinion of you than simply "arsehole" so lets leave it at that

redken1
07-01-14, 07:42 PM
This thread shows clearly why we have never been able to tackle the controversial issue of immigration in this country. Sadly, whether it is in the houses of parliament or on a biking forum, the thorny topic always ends up in polarised factions, insulting each other with personal attacks. We will never address the problem until we can engage in a sensible rational debate in a calm manner at all levels. “Even the lefties amongst us” can see that. I’m off to Scotland to seek political asylum. PMSL :p;):D

Birdylegs
07-01-14, 08:31 PM
I never said writing or spelling no one putting me in charge of the world.
I'v seen what happends when there is a cattle crisis and weather killing our crops for England to depend on outher countrys so if they want help back i'm charging £10 per person 20 people per lesson 5 days a week if job center want me to.

Dabz
07-01-14, 08:57 PM
I think it's probably time to put this thread to bed. While debate is very welcome on here, it's important that a biking forum doesn't have more politics and fighting than bike chat