PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Roadsmarts

wiltshire builders
28-12-13, 06:25 PM
I've been running a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts for the last year and as every 2 weeks someone posts a thread asking which tyres are the best I thought I'd give my review.

I used to swear by Metzler Race tecs (I ride a sportsbike, I need a sports tyre!) and they are an awesome tyre but the most you can expect to get out of them is 2500-3000 miles and they aint cheap.
A friend suggested Roadsmarts as he had them on his GSXR 1000 K6.
"But they're a touring tyre" I cried

Well after several laps of the TT circuit, a trip to Estonia the long way and a trackday at Donington I'm convinced.
These tyres have been really put through their paces and I've never been left wanting. They've done everything expected of them and more (I even ended up offroading due to some Latvian roadworks)
They heat up fast, inspire confidence in the wet and tip in quickly and smoothly.
I had a little blast down the A4 today and never once felt them step out of line. I even managed a little wheelie off the throttle in 2nd.

I've probably covered around 4000 miles and I reckon the rear has about 500 left in it.
I ride a 2004 ZX10R and I'd say I'm a pretty average rider who likes to take it into the red now and again.

I hope this is of some use to someone in the market for new rubber.

Wes
28-12-13, 06:54 PM
Good review there mate, especially the racetec comparison, cheers :)

Nelly
28-12-13, 10:06 PM
I gotta say that I've found them outstanding as well. I'm currently using RS2's. They're on their last legs now but have been faultless. Definitely going back to them next time.

Senna(Dan)
29-12-13, 09:52 AM
I had the Roadsmarts on my old bike and there were alot better than the Bridgestones that were originally on it. They will be going on the Senna as well, although I might plum for the Roadsmart 2s yet.

Ade
01-01-14, 01:02 PM
Ran Roadsmart II's on my Honda and they were good tyres but didn't get as many miles out of them as I'd hoped.... so Steve Lynham (Swindon) said to me to try the Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8. Had them on CB1000R for 2 months before I sold bike in September and thought they were very good tyres and harder wearing than the Roadsmarts.

Review link below if anyone interested:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/products/productsresults/tyres/2010/june/jun2910-metzeler-roadtec-interact-z8-first-impressions/