PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Pilot Road 3

XJ
24-12-13, 10:42 AM
Its going to be time soon to replace my Pilot road 2`s

I was thinking of going for the Pilot road 3`s, has anyone experience of these ?

The reviews i have read are all saying that their very good!

Trev
27-12-13, 09:03 PM
I run these on my GSXR1100 and suit that really well, nice, stable feel and have even done a track day on them and felt fine although I'm not a knee down kiddie. 1800 miles so far and no discernible wear on the front, little on the rear, as I only use the 11 for high days and holidays I hope they'll last me a few years.
I've also just put a pair on my NC700X to use through the winter and have done about 500 miles so far all in wet and crappy conditions. They have been absolutely brilliant inspiring confidence and making the already well balanced NC feel even better, can't wait to see how they last mileage wise, hoping for 6k+ from the rear given the low power of the bike. Not cheap though, £203 from Oponeo + had to sort fitting myself.

Snowy
27-12-13, 10:16 PM
I've got PR3's on both of my bikes and they are great tyres especially in the wet. I think Roadsmart's edge them in the dry but there's not a lot between them. PR4's are out in a few months so they may start discounting the 3's soon. Well worth the money.

gibbo
28-12-13, 09:52 AM
I put a set of Pilot 3's on my CBF and they are brilliant, especially in the wet. As Snowy has mentioned, the Pilot 4's are out, I believe next month, so try and hang on till then to get the best deal.

XJ
28-12-13, 10:27 AM
Thanks Guys, I was looking to change in the next few months, so I think I`ll wait and see if they come down in price.

Been using the PR2`s on my xjr1300 and they are very good, the set I`m on at the moment have nearly 7 thousand on the back and are at 2mm the front is just getting and edge on the center compound so cant complain really.

Rabb
02-02-14, 10:02 PM
I have just fitted PR3's and they are without doubt the best tyres I have used.
I've been through 2CT's, S20's, 023's in the last couple of years and the PR3's are superlative for the road.
I got mine from Challenge in Salisbury for £248 ride in ride out.

Chippenham Challenge fit bike tyres too (if Salisbury is too far)

I was quoted £302 and £286 at other dealers and decided to save the £38 as I had to virtually pass Salisbury on the way home one night.

Rabb
17-02-14, 09:57 AM
800 miles on these tyres now - they're getting better and better !
Scrubbed in nicely but very little sign of wear?

No White line shimmy (even in the wet) - amazing.
Great on very, very wet roads.

Good on turn-in too - amazed by these beauties!

Great tyres - get some.

XJ
17-02-14, 12:46 PM
I`ve fitted the PR4s, too early to say what their like, not even scrubbed in yet, but will keep you posted.